Corvette vs. Lamborghini

Inherited the car to begin with, 1993 non turbo

2jzgte swap, single borg warner s366, redid entire fuel system with aem pumps, an fittings and braided hose everywhere. Sump in tank for e85. Denso 2000cc injectors. ported gte head. Brian Crower cams, ti valve springs, etc… headwork, Manley rods, stock pistons, arp studs everywhere, hks head gasket, aem ems management, titan manifold, custom intake mani with q45 throttlebody.

I could go on and on but you get the picture.

I’m not sure how much I have into it, it’s been built over a long period of time and I have gotten some parts used, etc… and inherited the car to begin with so it’s hard to tell. I will tell you though the entire build was far less than a corvette or lambo.

bring it on, bring that Aventador on down and we’ll see.

So the only thing you’ve touched is the engine? You do know that tracks have corners right?

If you would’ve read my post you would’ve seen that it was only a sample of what I’ve done. That wasn’t even a full list of engine work, much less suspension.

It’s sitting on adj. toe links, adj. upper control arms, tein coilovers, thicker sway bars, fully shimmed and worked LSD, stoptech 14" 6 piston big brakes. michelin pilot super sports front and rear, 305 rear, 295 front.

and who said we were on a track?

How much power does it make?

Too much

“It’d kill a Lamborghini without even batting an eyelid”
That’s what yahoo motors says about the new corvette Z06 with the new dry-sump, 6.2-liter supercharged LT4. $89,000 with the race package $79,000 without. 650 hp, 650 lb-ft of torque; 0-60 mph in 2.9

Exactly, Lambos aren’t track cars.

Whether you like it or not, Corvettes and low end Lambos are pretty similar cars.

Why did you guys bring in drifting? lol.
And yes, there are new era Lamborghinis with stickshift. The Gallardo Balboni had it.
Saying that Lamborghinis aren’t track cars isn’t right. Lamborghini have prodused track-day spesific cars, and will most certainly keep doing it. Some examples: The Gallardo Superleggera, the Gallardo Squadra Corse, the Veneno, Murcielago Super Veloce, Huracan Super Trofeo, and not least, the insane Sesto Elemento.
Not all of them are track cars, no, but some of them are.

Top Gear (the proper, British one) tested the Z06, and they were thoroughly impressed with it. That says alot! Though i’ts not the same as a Aventador. And probably never will. Don’t get me wrong, its a great car, but it doesn’t REALLY have the same finesse as a Lamborghini.

And don’t bring in a tuned Supra. I love Supras, in fact, i want to get one, and a tuned Supra might be faster in a straight line than a Lamborghini, but it’s a totally different class of cars.

If you’ll notice, the kids on here that brought up drifting are the ones simultaneously telling me I’m a moron who doesn’t know what he’s talking about, and admitting they can’t drive a manual car unless its “triptronic”…

Uh… yeah. What do you drive, your moms Camry? Is that a “track car”? Someone please define what makes a car a track car. You can take anything you want onto a track. Would you consider a wagon a track car? I’ve been in wagons that will slam you back into the seat and keep you there, while screaming around corners passing RX-7s and the like.
What do you really know about race cars, most people in this thread? Have you uh… ever even driven in excess of 90-100mph anywhere other than a flat straight road? Or would you poop your panties, slam on the brakes halfway through the corner and spin out/roll it?

Enter the one flaming about cars on a yoyo forum…

Cars designed for pure performance and fast lap times. Lambos are designed for rich people to show off their wealth with a flashy and powerful car. VW fills the void with cars like the 911 GT3, R8 (same chassis as the Gallardo), and Cayman, all of which are under $200k.

Drifting was brought up in the discussion about the use of a manual clutch in motorsports.

All under $200k and consistently getting walked by 4-cylinders.
You’re a fool if you consider an R8 track worthy and a Lamborghini not.

You’re gonna bring VW into a thread which is apparently about over-priced cars? Lets talk Veyron, then. Got a spare million laying around?

Fact is, all those luxury cars are slower off the assembly line than something that is actually built as a race car(unless we are talking Veyron in a straight line), as opposed to a luxury touring car. Are the GT3s and stuff nice? Sure. “Track car”? Well… people take them onto tracks. To get beat by Subaru’s and Evos… I wouldn’t doubt there are Integras out there beating up on Porsche’s.

Hmmmm, spend all that money on a car and then ya let some 17 yr old kid take it for spin…

Grandpa seems to have more money than common sense.
Oh well, it’s only a car. They’re meant to be driven, right… :wink:

Well, he did buy a Maserati, :D.

I guess he coulda bought a vette…

http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html

Look at the 911’s times. I only mentioned the R8 and Cayman because they have a good performance to cost ratio.

You think the R8 has a good performance to cost ratio? Moron.
Stock cars, Subaru is faster around the Nūrburgring than the Porsche Panamera Turbo, and about $100,000 less.
http://m.automobilemag.com/features/news/lap-of-hell-2011-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-laps-nordschleife-in-755-3533/

You wanna spend over a hundred thousand dollars on a “track car”? Build one, idiot. If you’re so concerned about cost v. performance, you shouldn’t even want to speak the names of those companies. Funny you think Lamborghini is just a name for people to brag about and Porsche isn’t… BTW.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PhiP2kQjWNQ
This “only” 450WHP Impreza would slaughter anything previously mentioned in this thread, And the performance is obtainable, plenty of helpful people out there with the knowledge to do this stuff. And I bet it would come out well under $150k.