A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

I’ve done it with a LoveJoy :smiley: Need to mod my No-Jive a bit with some shims.

You’re the master: What’s the easiest way to do that? I’ve asked a couple times but I’m curious as to what you think.

EDIT: Also, I have an o-ring along the axle right now inside it. Makes it a bit wider, but screws a little weird (kinda like an old YYJ adjustable gap) Is this harmful to the No-Jive? Will it get messed up over time?

Nice job, someone! Pretty impressive. I’m still around, guys. I’m just finishing the busiest month of the school year. Next week is Spring break, so I’ll get a chance to practice again. I’m really looking forward to my Play Simply No Jive. However, I’ve been playing with my Mandala and it’s so sweet. It’ll be great to have 2 though. :smiley:

For those of you who can, any tips on pulling off Brent Stole on a No Jive? I’ve been able to pull off a Brent Stall, as I call it. I throw a breakaway and grab the string and get it in the position needed for a GT, then catch it as a stall, ends up in the triangle.

But if I try it the traditional way, can’t pull up on the No Jive to whip the string without the No Jive coming back. I’ve been trying it with several of my No Jives, one’s that are shimmed, no response and even with Type 6 string. Any tips?

You want semi-loose string tension, and you want to make sure you pop the yoyo up fairy high so that the string doesn’t have a chance to go slack.

What’d you use for shims?

Thanks, I’ll try loosening the tension some more. Thought I had it pretty loose, but may need it even more.

I use little o-rings in my No Jives that I have shimmed.

Ok yeah I have 1 along the axle that works ok. Just wasn’t sure if that was normal.

Nice surprise today, got to work and there was a box from Tom Kuhn.

This was in it, didn’t even get a notice that it shipped. Anyone else get their Play Simply No Jive?

https://igcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/11084635_1686456358248488_1273694035_n.jpg

2 Likes

YUP! I also received a small package from Tom Kuhn today. Did you notice that the box was signed on the inside botton?

Yeeeeeeah! Mine came is also…

Oh happy day!

Do a little dance…throw a little yo…get down tonight!

Yeah, mine came in too.

Mine wasn’t signed.

Got mine too! I didn’t have a signed box either, but there was a personal thank you on the back of a product sheet in the shipping box. I’m so psyched!! :smiley:

No signature or note on mine either. Though I got more axle sleeves than I thought I was supposed to.

Thanks to everyone who’s ordered one.
To be clear, none of this run has passed through my hands. I haven’t signed any boxes or anything. I’d be happy to, if anyone wanted to send something this way, but that seems kinda silly since we’re already boyz. :wink:

Yes, it would be silly for me to want an autograph from some guy my age who’s good at playing with toys. (So can I just send your card and a S.A.S.E.? :wink: )

lol or you can pm me a street address. i’m not running our of stamps, envelopes, or trading cards*.

*though i reserve the right to turn my likeness into that of a viking, pirate, ninja, or hippo.

I’ve got a couple Cards of yours, though no “modified” ones.

Yah! Boyz who play with toyz.

Another t-shirt idea??
Which reminds me, hey Berto! How’s that “Fixed Axle Misfits” shirt coming along? I’m not pushing, though. I’m still lagging majorly on my lefty looping videos. :smiley:

Thumb grind with Broke Village Fidalgo. I learned thumb grinds on a Fixie, which I don’t think is normal. Fixed Axle Misfits!