A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

Check your inbox.

1 Like

YES! Order completed! I really wanted a play simply No Jive, but thought they wouldn’t be making anymore. That’s why I got a Mandala No Jive instead. I might actually sell the Mandala for a lower price if someone is interested. I’ve only thrown it a couple of times. PM me for a price.

1 Like

thanks for the support guys. sincerely.
it’s super gratifying to have watched this stalwart knot of fixed axle purists really push the style this year. and the support i’ve had through the 77 profly/eh/play simply releases has been utterly awesome and humbling.

we’ve also got some cool stuff coming really soon through THIS site, that i think you’ll get into. <3

Anything you release will be fully supported by this group, Ed. At least me anyway. Because of your Play Simply video on YouTube has been the greatest inspiration to me and my family. It’s inspired my girlfriend, my brother, my mother…you reach farther then your own arms can, further than yoyoing. Truly, it’s been a pleasure to be associated with you in any way.

Look forward to seeing what TK has planned! Or what you and YYE have planned.

I was in a meeting and paused it to order this… last run I was late by 2 hours and didn’t want to miss that.

Ed, you know we fixed junkies will buy everything you put out…

Any recommendations on length of string for fixed axle play?

All of the cotton strings I’ve ever bought had a pre-tied loop. I just go with that.

3 Likes

I cut mine a little bit, but I’m a pretty short fella. I generally follow the belly button rule, but keep it a bit longer.

On an unrelated note, I successfully made a replacement axle sleeve for a no jive and will be able to make approximately 15 more if necessary for about $3. I will make a tutorial if anyone is interested. Pictures included below.

Well, I’ve been doing looping for the most part, and string length recommendations are from the top of your shoulder to your fingertips. This has been the perfect length for me as it turns out.

1 Like

Ditto Ed. I bit and now I wait.

Enjoying this thread :smiley:

Not sure if we can link instagram videos here? Can’t commit to all fixed only, but it’s been about all I throw for the last couple years. Personally I love both bearings and fixed, really enjoy discovering fixed axle tricks/skill challenges :smiley:

First one is a quick no string hit combo that can link into many other “things,” had to keep it short for IG

Just messing with a Higby profly, these are awesome for up and down/stall stuffs

Waiting on the girls to brush their teeth, why not throw a quick banger hehe

Wow, that’s some great stuff! I appreciate the two with slow-mo so I can check out what you’re doing. It’s going to take me the entire year to do these kinds of things. I’m a teacher, though, so this summer, watch out. All day to waste on yoyos? You betcha!!  :smiley:

Cool vids B&E… thanks for sharing.

Hey MikeEff, Great videos!

??? ??? ???
Is that a clever shot because I haven’t made my video for February yet? :wink:

Or did you accidentally think that the videos made by baconNeggs were mine?

Silly hobbyman… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

baconNeggs! Killer videos! Very inspiring thank you.

Silly me! I ment it for baconNeggs.

New “State of Wood” address on the TK blog.

Is it a little pompous of me to feel like I can write something called that? Yes.
Is it a LOT pompous? Well yeah, probably.
But I felt like it anyway.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread (and ones like it before). Throwing fixed and throwing wood is a weird, esoteric little branch of yoyoing that depends on folks who go against the grain (so yo speak) to carry the torch.

Well, Ed beat me to it… I came to post the link to the blog.

Great blog Ed. Thanks for the shout out to our little group of Fixed Axle Misfits here.

Keep it going oh wise one!