A Year of Fixed Axle - "Fixed Axle '15"

I’m probably going to join fixed axle 15. I already ordered a John Higby Profly that looks awesome. But that also means for me no offstring yoyo for a year. And I really want a Zeekio Saturn V. I’ll probably argue with myself for a few days If I want to play fixed axle for a whole year.

I just thought of some thing! Fixed axle offstring. I’m now more likely going to do it.

unless you’re Ben Conde lel…

I don’t want to speak for him, but when I think about it, I imagine it goes a little something like this. Ed wakes up in the morning and says to himself, “what am I going to do today? Enrich lives and push the envelope of yo.”

I saw my Baldwin shortly before my sister wrapped it and put it under the Christmas tree. She wanted me to confirm she bought the right one. Can’t wait to throw it, it looks so nice!

JOIN… DO IT…

Peeeeeer pressure.

We’ll see. The idea is really tempting, because I know it would be really good for my skills overall.

But I don’t know if I could hold myself to it. I’ve just gotten so many new throws lately, that it would be insanely difficult to just put them all away for a whole year.

Although, my wallet would probably appreciate it, because I know I wouldn’t buy anything new if I can’t throw it.

Hmmm. I’m gonna wait until I’ve played with the Baldwin for a few days to make the decision. I might just really take a liking to it and give the challenge a go. Regardless, I’m looking forward to playing with it a lot even if I don’t take on the challenge, and also excited to watch everybody else’s progress.

OK… I’LL DO IT…

I’VE SUCCUMBED TO PEER PRESSURE.

That’s not very convincing :wink:

OK?

Today I just got the John Higby Profly. It’s pretty sweet.

I’m hoping for one of the Beethoven ones ;D

Every one who plays fixed axle needs a John Higby Profly.

That is so true…

But to make this a real challenge, I’ve decided on 3 throws for the year. Only 3…

And the lineup is:

I am also going back and forth on ordering a second Eh as I REALLY like this thing… I mean, REALLY REALLY like it. But the Turner has very similar specs, so that one is also tempting.

7 days!

You won’t go wrong if you decide on a Turner. Not that I’m a fan or anything…

http://i.imgur.com/EAk6qEV.jpg

Great lineup! Have fun.

Only 8 more days until fixed axle 15! ;D

^^Yep. Getting stoked to see who else joins in on the fixed axle madness for a year! :slight_smile:

Is that a Sullivan, berto? I’ve been digging those a lot.

I’ve been basically in. Only using bearing throws to teach a friend what I know, almost at the end of that list so I’ll be all in soon.

Close, it’s actually a Moxon…

So Eh, No Jive Mandala and Moxon.

I want to order a “back up” Eh, but the turner really catches my attention… also the Sullivan, but for some reason the Turner is the one that really gets my eye. I know the Eh is a top notch throw, being limited, and knowing that using only three throws all year, daily and the Eh being the prime one, it may get beaten up pretty hard. Having a back up does make sense, but then again, not a fan of having too many of the same throws. First world problems, right?