Life sucks right now :(

Pretty sure the cops are able to get involved. I think that should be your initial response and something you should do sooner than later.

Law enforcement can only step in if local or state laws have been broken unfortunately and these guys aren’t stupid, they are operating within every loophole in order to disable that from happening

Fraud and theft are illegal in every us jurisdiction that I know of.

@reefguy and @yomagic

Yes, fraud is illegal. It doesn’t mean that you can get the system to work for you however. Do a little research and you will see just how effective the police are (not at all, not a single bit of help) in helping with the recovery of your possessions. You have to take the company through the court system. That company most assuredly has more money to handle a lawsuit that you cannot afford. It is not simply a matter of calling the cops and they’ll handle it. You have to lubricate the gears of justice sometimes to get them to work in your lawful favor, but you probably can’t afford the lube.

Call in saying the stuff was stolen when you were moving? Maybe that would get the attention of the police… That or start a court case up about this cause this isn’t fair so sue them or get your stuff back at least they probably would be petrified over going to court over this because they know it’s illegal. (cause you know a court case would probably make things fair or something like that!) oh and how come you didn’t use like a name brand moving company? There bound to be more reliable or so I hope. Anyways let us know of the yoyos that were “stolen” and see of we can fill any of those gaps!

Able to? Probably. Will they go out of their way to make sure their job gets done and he gets his stuff back? Nope. They’ve got underage smokers and 5mph over speeders to take to jail.
In the last six months there have been no less than three separate car prowlings in my own driveway, had a roll of copper pipe stolen off a work truck within that time frame as well(this is in the suburbs of a small Navy town). I couldn’t get a single police officer to come out.

Last week my new neighbor renting the house next door called the police because my friend hit boost in his Passat and let the BOV go off in front of their house. Still under the speed limit, cops were there in an hour.
Do not trust the police to be there for you. Or even to do their job. 95% of them are just out to ■■■■ up your day.

*Ignorant post of the day award

Just got off the phone with an agency that helps people in this specific case. Went through the entire situation with them and they even contacted the guy in charge of it. They are operating in so many loopholes it’s not even funny, they are completely within the legal limits so, in other words, we are screwed. If we send them more money, we’ve been told, chances are we will never see our stuff again. however, if we do not send them money, we will never see our stuff again, but we might. this…is BS. if i didn’t shave my head every day i would literally be ripping hair out.

Recovering things is what I do. I’m team leader for the underwater recovery unit at my county’s sheriff office. I guarantee that if the op came in to my so and filed a complaint, it would be investigated.

Actually most cops are pretty lenient torwards speed limits; most won’t stop you unless you are going like 5-10+ the limit. But this really depends on the person they are, and their mood.

And even if you do get a ticket, file an appeal. My dad has done this like 4 times(lol) and the cops didnt show up to court once

Now back to the actual problem:
This really sucks.
And that “reputed broker” should be notified of this so no one else is screwed over.
But for this situation… Maybe try to win the stuff back when it’s auctioned?(terrible idea, I know)
Super last resort, but if there is no other way…

dude,i this is the first ive stumbled upon this man…i had no idea that this was happening to you buddy…i would simply murder somebody, without a doubt. and smiling in every court case and hearing thrown my way…if you need anything sir, msg me and lemme know. i get paid tonight,if you need even like just 50$ for formula or something lemme know. im more than happy to help you man. like previously stated in this forum…your one the nicest of people on here…you and a few others actually encouraged me with out knowing to continue with my own BST. and to be part of the online community that is YYE. never met you in my life, but im here for you buddy. just lemme know.

-Ken

1 Like

Wow, pretty unfortunate to read what happened. From now on, always trust that gut feeling you get when something just doesn’t seem right.

I would agree that the contractual agreement between you and the movers is what’s called a “civil matter,” not a criminal matter. Once you’re involved in a contract with someone, oral or written, it would be up to a civil court to decide the outcome. I’m curious if you signed a contract and have your receipts for the payments you made. If you have your documentation, you shouldn’t hesitate to file something in court. Also, you should confirm that your belongings are really being held at a local storage facility. Ask for the name of the facility, and communicate with them in writing, telling them not to discard or auction your property until the civil matter is resolved. Put these companies on notice in writing not to discard or auction your belongings, and tell them that you are not relinquishing ownership of your property, just because you disagree with the alleged outstanding balance to be paid to the movers. Send the letters by certified mail, return receipt requested, and that should buy you some time to file in court.

If there are fraudulent practices by the mover, contact the Better Business Bureau and Attorney General’s Office in the state where the movers are located. I hope it works out eventually.

1 Like

Thanks TotalArtist! you never cease to amaze me with your endless expertise lol but unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this point, he has signed the auction papers, which is well within his “legal” rights. so basically, everything we own is going to be auctioned next week. And I swear to god I don’t want to hear “go bid and get youor stuff back at auction” from ANYONE! We don’t have barely enough money to support our family, let alone to bid on things we already own :frowning:

don’t worry we can fix you up yoyoYakuza! Lest let us know what your missing Yoyo wise or related and we can help ya out!

Right now, I am still a minor as far as legal things go, so I don’t know if there is much I can do, but I would like to wish you good luck in finding a way to get your stuff back.

I may have a suggestion though. Is there anyway whatsoever that you can find a way to force them into a situation where they have to give you your stuff back or do something illegal? There has to be at least one rule they are breaking.

How can they keep asking money without them giving you your stuff and that be legal?

Anyways, good luck. If there is anything I can do, PM me.

Um… Forget what I said…
But hey, maybe you could make a list of what you lost and see if anyone can help replace em

well, i had alot, i just don’t want to seem selfish y’know?

It sounds like that advice is too little too late though. I feel bad that you lost the photo albums and sentimental family stuff…nevermind the yo-yos and cards. But, if these people are within their legal rights and owed money, I guess they have to get the money to keep business going. I bet it’s just business and not personal. If you had a friend, family member, or even the bank to get a loan, that would have been ideal. What a shame about the pet rat though. :frowning: I wish you the best getting on your feet and finding a great job in the new state. At least you get a fresh start.

lol if you actually think that.

I don’t think that, I know that, because the OP just said it. There is nothing to laugh out loud about, in this entire thread.