Mullicabob's Powder Coating: A High Speed YoYo Review

Robert Maskos, aka Mullicabob, has been powder coating yo-yos for quite some time and every time I see a new piece posted on the forums it has always caught my eye. It has reminded me of the paint jobs from Levi, Jacob Gross, and Brett Grimes but from what I have heard, his PC process was much more durable. Well finally the stars aligned and I was able to convince him that he should send some samples for review which was great for me since I have always been curious about how powder coating changed the feel of the yo-yo but I have been squeamish about having it done to one of my precious (insert Gollum voice here). Now I get to see how tough it is and what benefits it brings to the table.

Click here to continue reading.

Click here if you would like to contact Mullicabob to have a yo-yo powder coated.

Does Bob strip the yoyos first?

Bob, me, will handle anything and everything that is necessary. Strip, rehab, prep etc. are all handled in my shop by me personally.

1 Like

I have an 888 coming that might need some powder…

Is there an “average” weight that the PC adds?

i cant wait to send mine off to him,and im happy that hes getting good recognition for his work, congrats bob.

1 Like

On average about a half a gram to a gram. Those numbers are usually for the thicker applications like a two coat or something that has a lot of design like splashes etc.

Most of the time after stripping the powder evens out to the original weight or very close to it.