Iphone 6 September 9, 2014 - Anyone excited?

I don’t know that it’s a cry for attention. It’s just that everyone’s a critic (myself included) and always have been. I’m sure Plato had his detractors, too.

“Effin’ Plato. What a hack. Shadows in a cave? What’s that all about? Talk about pretentious…”

Apple’s marketing grinds my gears. There’s a conversation about being excited for the release (ie. a reaction to the marketing) so it’s an opportunity to join a conversation. I don’t think it’s any more of a play for attention than any other conversation.

“Oh. My. God. That person at this social event just talked to me. Talk about desperate for attention.”

People ask me what my phone is all the time, then say “oh, I’ve never heard of it”. They do say it looks nice though.

FYI, the app for YYE does not run on iOS8. Updated last night and it just crashes. Browser for now on mobile.

Better take it back for a refund. :wink:

I just read a review claming the IPhone 6 was the best smartphone, but only compared it to the iPhone 5s.

1 Like

It just bothers me that some people treat apple as, well, god. Yeah apples cool or whatever but some people have a religious devotion to them, it’s weird…

I found a study a while back that Apple stimulates the brain in the same way as religion. Make of it what you will.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1922524_10152739726158523_7170897975583956904_n.png?oh=957cf52e1e8353d299efefd370ba06fb&oe=548A5BAB
No, it’s not intentional 8)

I was gonna post that…

We all know they can bend but can they blend?

Hate the protruding camera and the antenna lines.

Although the S# line has protruding cameras as well :confused:

Easy don’t buy either, Samsung sucks too.

Besides touchwiz, they don’t really.

that and the little fake stitches. But those are gone now.

Surprisingly, software is a large part of the user experience.

Probably 90%. W/O it it’s just a useless box w/some buttons and a screen.

Yes, physical layout counts but it’s overshadowed by the software.

Agreed. However, even without doing any rooting/flashing shenanigans, you can swap out the Samsung launcher with something you like better.

Exactly, if my S5 came with stock Android vs Touchwiz infused Android, it would be 200% better.

You can easily install stock/google edition Android on the S4/S5. They say it fixed lag, which is my only S4 complaint.

My S4 is an amazing phone that does everything right, but my only 2 complaints are the camera and the keyboard. Some other small things as well but those aren’t important.

Install swiftkey or swype. Unlocking the bootloader (required for root) can be pretty difficult on Samsung devices.