Iphone 6 September 9, 2014 - Anyone excited?

I don’t particularly hate Apple; I do enjoy OS X (or maybe it’s just the challenge of getting it to run Hackintosh-style), and would probably enjoy an iPhone too.

On the other hand, why would I pay $750+ (unlocked; even more if subsidizing) for a restricted device when something for $100-200 (maybe even $300 depending on who/where you get it from) employs similar/more features (for reference; see the comparison pic above)?

I find Apple’s pricing silly, and really don’t know why people go nuts over their new-but-nothing-innovative products. I feel the same about Samsung’s products to a lesser extent.

Although maybe it’s just the advertising to the “uninformed” that makes it sell so well. Wave a superior OnePlus One in front of people, and they’ll ask “is that an iPhone?”. Any unidentifiable product to most people is either an iPhone, or if it’s at least 7", an iPad.

On an unrelated note, me and my mom took Nexus 7’s into a dentist office today. The clerk asked if it was an iPad. The silent cringe was strong. This wasn’t the first time this has happened either. Had my old 2012 Nexus 7, and a Nexus 10 called iPads at various points…