Iphone 6 September 9, 2014 - Anyone excited?

I like Apples. I like Androids. Apples are prettier. Androids are green people.

The iPhone 6 sounds cool. I’ll never get a smart phone but I like to see how people change the design up.

My iphone does pretty much anything I need it to. I don’t dislike android, but theres really no reason to hate on iphone. You can like one better, but theres no reason to have such strong feelings for the other. Has apple come to your house for having an android, burned it down and stolen your parents or something?

Well iOS 7 turned my phone into a piece of crap.

Take that up with apple… not an online forum. Chances are we can’t help.

Nobody can help. You can’t downgrade software.

Still not a reason to rag on apple. If you don’t like them keep it to yourself. Same with android.

I think that releasing a bad update and not fixing it is a good reason. We all know they were just trying to push people to upgrade.

That is actually a pretty valid reason. It’s one thing to force an update, but it’s another to force a broken update. Would you still have the same view if you were forced to go from XP to (launch) Vista?

You don’t force updates that break things… not without expecting some well deserved backlash. Even more so when you don’t provide a way to revert said update.

I’ve got the s5 as well, and as soon as I get an issue worked out and get a new one (small problem, but it’s a good thing it has a warranty) I’ll probably root it and maybe load a custom rom. Once L comes out I definitely will.

Thing is, it wasn’t forced, you just couldn’t revert.

Yes you can… You do it the same way you do it with an update.

Side note: I do hope people will finally be cautious about uploading all pictures to iCloud after today’s incident.

So, that makes it right to scream about it to people who(Most likely)Couldn’t care less on an online forum?

Nope, you can’t.

I’m not screaming.

I was speaking from a technical standpoint. Downgrading a piece of software is exactly the same as updating it, and actually quite easy. On an Apple product, they are designed NOT to downgrade anything so Apple makes more money (They’re quite good at this). That being said, it can still be done, but isn’t worth it.

You have to save the previous version on your PC. I didnt.

Well what are your problems with iOS 7? I have been extremely happy with it, and it hasn’t caused any problems for me. If you upgraded right when it was released, you could have gotten a corrupted copy. Apple’s servers were completely overloaded because they didn’t expect that many people to upgrade at once. You might want to try restoring your phone to redownload the software. It would help though to know exactly what problems you are having

My iPhone is just slow. Everyone with a 4 that I’ve spoken to has the same issues. I don’t really care anymore, my phone just came, and its amazing.

Are you kidding who cares about this when the Xandarius Achtung is coming

I am excited to see what apple has to offer. :slight_smile:

As for apple copying Android; well that just does not pass the laugh-test. The mobile experience on Android is a compromise between cost and performance. iOS, however, is an elegant, intuitive, easy to use and always reliable experience on all ecosystem devices.

Apple’s OSX is ready to scale to the internet of things. Android, is a cell-phone OS; built on Sun’s Java. It is not an ecosystem; it is a franchise.

Spoken like a fan… young male… :wink:

I have both types of devices in the house, and I enjoy different things about both. But to not acknowledge that iOS has its own ups and downs (how many times lately have I had to force close the app store? How crappy crappy crappy CRAPPY is the entire iTunes experience?) is also silly.

I do think that iOS can still boast a more responsive UI, and the only reason Android is catching up is because at some point in time the hardware just reaches that point that horsepower wins out. But that doesn’t matter. Who cares if it’s the horsepower winning out rather than optimization when the keyboards finally feel the same (and at least Android is wealthy with selection), transitions feel the same, etc.

It just becomes academic.

Right now my main reason to keep iOS around is it still has a better selection of games for preschoolers. The iPad also has AWESOME battery life, so you’re not always worried about plugging it in every night.

Speaking of preschoolers, here’s a test for intuitive UI… we routinely give our children (one 5, one less than 2) our various devices. The youngest can navigate iOS without any issue at all. He can only navigate my Android seamlessly for now when his icons are on the homescreen (which happens automatically) ORRRRRrrrrr… when I first tap on the “Applications” icon for him.

Once he’s in Applications, he can swipe until he sees the one he wants and then tap it.

He’s 22 months.

It’s that pesky “Applications” icon. Such a counter-intuitive name for a counter-intuitive experience. Imagine a computing device in which you have to click one thing before finding another? That would be like having OSX or Windows without an icon-covered desktop. I mean we know nobody clicks “Start” or goes to the “Applications” folder in OSX… we only use the desktop icons.

If anyone from the age 4 and up can’t figure out where the app drawer is, which brings them to an essentially iOS-like experience, they have some sort of cognitive issues.

So yes, iOS is easier to use for a 22-month old compared to Android not pre-populated with icons (and by default, newly-installed apps propagate icons to the home screen, so “Monkey Lunch Box” should be available for him as soon as you install it). But other than that, Android is easier because it can have a subset of the icons he really wants or needs.

Fast forward to age 4 (actually, I think the older one was only 3 now that I think about it) and they can grasp the intricacies of the more mind-boggling Android experience, wrap their heads around the counter-intuitive “applications” icon, and are off to the races.

Android is for people who want control over their OS, iPhones are for people who just want a smartphone.

My 4 works just fine. Sorry you have had a bad experience though, hopefully something will make up for it though.