Markmont Classic release?!!

Welcome to the board Mark. I’m the guy who emailed you yesterday hoping you had some old stock yoyos. Happy to say I just found and bought a PALMN Next today! Looking forward to the Classic!

Well damn. Straight talk from the man himself. Although you say you don’t want it hyped up, and I completely understand why, I just can’t help but be excited.

I wasn’t around when your other throws were released, so I haven’t gotten my hands on them. But when I got back into throwing, and I was researching various throws, I was drawn to them; based on specs, reviews, and looks, they fit everything I like in a throw.

I still want to find a couple of the old ones on the BST. But I’m excited for this new design because I have a feeling it might be along the lines of my preferences, and I’ll actually have a chance to buy it new.

Where? Pm me

FullThrottle - I’m glad you’re looking forward to the classic. I see Markmont. Next pop up all the time so I’m sure you will find one. Every time I see one pop up, I’m even tempted to buy it myself. I be like OH SNAP!! as if it’s not even my yo-yo lol.

post a waywt ! (?)

Yep, I’m watching a couple on the bst currently, hoping I can round one up soon.

Also, I’m pumped you’re posting a picture of the Classic today. It’s my birthday, so I’m counting the pic as a “pre-present” for when I buy it as a gift to myself, haha.

Nice to see I wasn’t the only one thinking that. You on SF? Should be sponsored by The Flat Head :slight_smile:

Look at this>http://yoyonews.com/2014/08/27/markmont-classic-user-reviews/

You’re a little late buddy  :smiley:

Paul posted it in the Review section a few days ago

Since we’re still waiting on more info anyone else have any more guesses on what the Classic is going to be like? Besides being Cascade like, I’ve also had the thought it may be a copper color, or maybe 2 finishes. One nickel the other copper. Which would mean I’m buying 2 new yoyos soon ;D

Mark already posted a pic of it on Facebook :slight_smile:

Y’all should probably look at One Drops Instagram.

“Finishes” as in more than one finish, yep going to be broke soon. This yoyo seems too good to be true based on how Mark described it on Instagram.

Looks awesome. Let’s talk about weight for a moment:

66.5g is a touch heavier than I was hoping for (though for many it will be perfect), but I don’t get the feeling Mark loves super-light yoyos. The beauty is, though, that the .next-inspired SE’s are roughly dome-sized and seem to be made of brass based on the illustration and the construction of the .next itself. That means that switching out for aluminum UL’s could bring you down into the low-60’s!!

(my logic: brass domes are 6.6g, aluminum ULs are 2.5g for a difference of 4g! Even if the new SE’s aren’t exactly the weight of domes, they’ve gotta be in that ballpark).

Of course, if the illustration only LOOKS like brass then you’re only shaving off 0.4g, which isn’t worth it to take out the Markmont-looking new SE’s. :wink:

The Instagram update says the weight is “depending on finish”, which makes me believe there will be a nickel version instantly available. Given past Markmont releases, that should come as no surprise. I just wonder if the 66.5 is for the nickel or the ano!

I hope you’re right Greg! 66.5 is on the heavier side for me as well, and I want to get the nickel version so it’ll probably be even heavier

I hope that they are A) Released before Ga States & b) that YYE has a nickel one at their booth (assuming they have one again this year)

Given it’s full size diameter, 66.5 g is good! … And as Greg was saying… You can just switch out to ultralights if desired.

The only reason I haven’t gotten one of the markmont series is the smaller diameters. Such a classy series! And now full sized…This one seems perfect for what I like in a yoyo these days.

If the SE’s look like the nuts on the the Next I might need to grab a pair.

I haven’t been this excited about a yoyo since waiting for the ProYo Turbo Bumble Bee to come out when I was a teenager!

1 Like

Just to shed some light.

66.5 is with ano, not nickel, and brass side effects. This throw at anything less, feels SUPER light. Also bear in mind you can swap down to ultralights. And there also will be aluminum versions of the Markmont. side effects. We tested a lighter version of the throw and it just wasn’t the business.

2 Likes