ANNIE MAYS HERE

I prefer to read the manga myself, however I’m a anime fan at times as well.

I read the entire of Akira (2500+ pages) in one day a few weeks ago. Sensational manga, can’t believe how much stuff goes on that the movie never covers, it sort of ruined the movie for me a bit, but I don’t really mind since I enjoyed the manga so much.

Anime wise;

Attack on Titan is getting my full attention at the moment. It took a little while to get used to the animating style but it’s been done absolutely brilliantly. No filler, no nonsense, stays true to the manga, it’s no wonder everyone is loving it. I really hope they stick to what they’re doing for the next few series when they eventually arrive.

Personally I miss the gore of the manga, it makes for quite a jarring/intense read and I feel that the censorship in the anime takes away some of the feel of the manga, however considering just how brutal it is, I’m not surprised.

I used to be a massive Naruto fan but I stopped watching it completely after they butchered the Pain/Pein fight. The animation was a joke and all the rubbish they added in just ruined what was (imo) the greatest ark in all of Naruto. Why on earth would Pain survive being hit on the head with a couple of thousand tonnes of rock multiple times but die from one measly Rasengan? It was a shambles.

I’ve found that the Naruto anime tends to have way too much filler. Too many non-canon episodes, too many needless flashbacks in between fight scenes, just too much deviation from the manga for my liking. Not that the manga itself is doing much better recently…

Tempted to start watching Code Geass. I read the manga up to the point it ended (much to my chagrin), so I’d like to see what happened from there.

Wait until they start having five to ten minutes of recap every episode and a recap episode. I liked SnK, but some of the recap nonsense got annoying.

Big fan of Ninja Scroll (duh), Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, Mushishi, Vampire Hunter D & Bloodlust, Paprika and Claymore to name a few.

3 Likes

The happening is too real.

I just started watching Attack on Titan.

Out of curiosity, what is that book? I rarely see the character so written like that on the stuff I use.

This is the Nakama 1a workbook. The explanation that we were given was that this is the handwritten style.

“You are human beings, not printers…so write like a human.”

1 Like

Just finished Angel Beats. Pretty good and only 13 episodes!

I Don’t watch a whole lot of anime anymore, but 10 years ago I couldn’t get enough. One of my favorites has to be Hikaru No Go.

From my fav anime, spirited away

Spirited Away is the best. Howl’s Moving Castle was pretty rad, too.

That’s my other favorite. I love anything from Studio Ghibli really

my fav animoo’s are fushuugi yugi, ranma 1/2, bubblegum crisis, FMA, Evagelion ,Tenshi Muyo…i do enjoy ome dragonball and Z, Gt was alil weak,Gundam wing,Boogie pop phantom,and prolly some others…but fushuugi yugi is GREAT! i do like love hina and chobits, but they are just for laughs not much of a story there

Jonesing to watch Eureka Seven again. And maybe Eureka Seven: AO or whatever it’s called for the first time.

XD ^ heard jonesin XD

http://x2.fjcdn.com/comments/use+this+please+animu+is+_ec6ebeeb69e62e0bd912a7e5cfcbecc0.jpg

Making a howl cosplay, for Halloween and PAX East

Anyone have any opinions on Under the Dog? Seems like it’ll be pretty interesting.

Also, Hiroaki Yura was doing a AMA on Reddit for anyone interested.

i have no idea about any new age animoo’s, once the Bleach blast hit,and every one was shouting how good One piece was… stopped going to cons and keeping up with it all X_X XD