sOMEThING 2014 Review Thread: Phaser, Anglam CC

The Addiction doesn’t really appeal to me. I do have some non-delrin plastic yo-yos, but I like delrin better. Might get a Crazy-D but I want the Genghis Khan version.

I corrected the brand name. I think sOMEThING officially wins the “most annoying brand name to type” award. SometHing is much easier to type. Guess it looks weird.

Do a Mk’s Equilibrium review please. :smiley: btw awesome review.

Do you know where I can buy one (PM me)? I haven’t seen them pop up anywhere yet. I’m a big fan of the Ares Star so I won’t hesitate to buy the Equilibrium if it’s reasonably priced.

It is not out yet, it is only available in Prague. You should get a Magnum (his 2nd sig) while you are waiting. I heard people said Equilibrium is a combination of Ares Star and Magnum. :smiley:

Wut.
I asked Marcus specifically about it after finals and he told me his team didnt bring any at all.

The Phasers gap wall looks pretty wide. Is it fully flat or slightly reclined like the yyj next level?

I am pretty sure it’s flat but I can’t check right now as my yo-yos are packed up in preparation for moving to a new apartment tomorrow. Also I received the Anglam CC and it is crazy good. I’ll put up a review once I’ve moved, gotten settled, had time to properly evaluate the yo-yo, write up the review, etc.

Is there a chance that you’ll make a review of something more affordable? These throws are amazingly high quality but extremely expensive, I wanna see what you think about the yoyos I can actually get without having to wait 2 years to get a a job. XD

BTW what’s the ETA for the next review?

Chances of that are low. He doesn’t really like budget metals at all. Like not even a little bit.

I’d have reviewed a Firmy if somebody hadn’t sold theirs to the lowest bidder…hmm…now who was that. Can’t recall… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway I’ll post the Anglam CC review when I can. I just moved into a new apartment and apparently it takes the local cable monopoly a week to set up my internet. I’m using unreliable hotspots at the moment. It takes me about a full day to write a review. I suppose I could write the review portion offline but I can’t get the images/formatting right without reliable internet access. So…I’d expect it late next week when my internet is up.

Crosses fingers this actually posts :confused:

As always a great review. Some things came up and I can’t afford another high end but nevertheless it is alyways a pleasure to read your reviews. :slight_smile:

Are you planning any other reviews after? I would love to see what you think about the Ares Star or Magnum.

The Auldey Magnum! From Marcus Koh! - Yo-Yo Reviews - YoYoExpert Forums Auldey Ares and Auldey Magnum. Signature yoyos of Marcus Koh. - Yo-Yo Reviews - YoYoExpert Forums you can read mine, but I think Shai can do way better than me.

I believe I’ve already read yours, it was a good review. But Shai’s In depth reviews are good to read even if I might not like the throw.

After the Anglam CC, I am planning on reviewing the Equilibrium at the very least. I may turn it into a review of all 3 of the MK sigs if I’m feeling particularly ambitious, but more likely it will focus on the Equilibrium with numerous comparisons to its predecessors thrown in the mix.

2 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait, how close are you to finishing the Version CC review?

And how close to completing the Equilibrium and Palpitation ones ;D ;D ;D?

Sorry for the delays. I moved recently and was unable to take the necessary photos for any reviews until yesterday after borrowing a camera.

Anyway, I’ve taken and edited all the necessary photos. I’ve uploaded everything but Isotope 2 and Palpitation review photos. I’ll try to put up the Anglam CC review some time this weekend. After that I’d like to work on an Auldey review thread since I now have all three of the Markus Koh releases. Maybe after that I’ll do an Isotope 2 and Palpitation review. It takes me a LONG time to write these and I’m going to be busier than usual starting Tuesday. I’m hoping I’ll have the Auldey thread started within two weeks. I won’t even speculate on when a Palpitation review might be up other than to say it would definitely be after that, if it happens at all.

I give priority to lesser known yo-yos. I don’t feel the need to write a Draupnir review, for example, though I could, because everyone already knows it’s amazing. With the Palpitation it’s similar but to a lesser extent. I prefer to review stuff like Sturm Panzer and Yoyomonster and if either releases anything significant in the near future I’ll be updating those threads before doing a Palpitation review.

2 Likes

Really look forward to these!

Anglam CC review is up. Full disclosure: I don’t think it’s my best work. This is a hard yo-yo to review for a lot of reasons. It plays incredibly well but the specs are average in so many respects that it feels very similar to a lot of other yo-yos, including the Phaser. Anyway I hope it’s not too disappointing.

Now I shall start working on an Auldey thread. Should be up in 2 weeks at most but no promises :stuck_out_tongue: