Shout out to the most unrealistic people

So, I won Onedrops Facebook contest to win a gradient, and some kid messaged me saying he would trade me a beat 888 and I just tell them to send him the yoyo, he never provided pictures.

So how did it turn out? Did you receive the 888?

1 Like

I’ve never used the BST before but gotta admit some of these sound extremely hilarious.

I dont think he was asking for the 888 in return8. How I read and understood it was he just told one drop to send the yoyo to this lucky kids house. I also surmise he was a little disappointed the kid didn’t even have the decency to send him with a picture or a thank you.

I had 3 people offer me a magicyoyo n5 for my diamondback with a center-trac and some damage…

It is incredibly frustrating reading this stuff. It is understandable that these things can get on one’s nerves, but we are ALL guilty of one thing or a few others that are listed here. I sometimes use the “incredibly hard to get from me” line to weed out people who are not serious or think that they can take advantage of me. I also have been guilty of lowballing, but what people don’t understand is that I am still new to this so I’m still learning the “what’s what” when it comes to CLYW and the other high end companies. So when I offer a throw for a CLYW, maybe it isn’t me trying to be annoying, rather me not knowing the trade value of it. And yes, I know, there is a million ways to find out because all the recources are right here. But I’m human, just like all of you, and I simply didn’t know and didn’t find out. I just offered.

I like the b/s/t forum a lot. But sometimes people lose sight of what yoyoing is really about and it becomes about the money and greed almost. So as long as people still have the idea of yoyoing in mind, it’s okay if you occasionally mess up by lowballing unintentionally or listing a bun of wants that outweigh the value of what you have. Because we all are human. Humans that love to YoYo!

P.s.
If you happen to be one of the “elite” people here on the forums, please for the love of this community, try not to be so condescending and downright mean to people who may not know as much as you. Its people like that that flat out ruin it for some people, y’know?

I hate it when they offer me their first born but get mad when I show up at the hospital. Like. Really dude? You offered

2 Likes

Just saying but one of my favorite ways to determine pricing is just take advantage of the advanced search function to look up what the throw has gone for in the past on the BST and archived BST. It’s a great way to figure out. Instead of putting incredibly hard to get from me just put a price or what you’re looking to trade it for.

BTW there’s people here who just collect and rarely throw so it’s kinda about money to them.

See, I have heard quite a few things, “use the appraisal thread” “search the archives” and a few others, but the funny thing is, and also why I only list those two, I have tried both of those things and got nothing but condescending and downright mean comments about it. Which is really uncalled for y’know lol but yea the collectors on here are kind of money-motivated but still, to have an appreciation for a YoYo don’t you think you should have an appreciation for what its about? :slight_smile: I do.

The way I read it was pudge34 won the Gradient, and because One Drop announces the winner on their FB page, some random kid pms pudge34 asking him if he would trade the Gradient for a beat 888, and to just have One Drop send the Gradient to him. Anyway, some of the people that annoy me most are those that overvalue their own stuff, but undervalue others’ stuff.

What about people that have avatars that aren’t related to yo-yoing? Absolutely intolerable! :stuck_out_tongue:

Haa

“Q” I was speaking of “Q” ::slight_smile:

When people offer something you specifically stated you don’t want.

This happened to me once. I had in my wants list, LOOKING FOR Hubstack Afterglow. So, someone thought i had a Hubstack Afterglow for trade. Worst part, they didn’t PM me. They posted in my BST thread asking how much for the Hubstack Afterglow.

Or you pm them actually offering one of their wants, only to be ignored. While they carry on bumping their thread…

You wanna get stupid?

HAHA, thank you buddy…it is sad cuz asu state here those “elite” traders and collectors can get alil snobbish, and i am new to the BST as well obvious if u look at my trade count.back to the topic…i have had my run in with one alrdy.ANd it does seem that they are incredibly rediculous when it comes to lowballs(like i slapped their spirit or something) its just as simple to say that you are not interested then causing me the frustration over if i actually upset this person or not.( i do care) despite my name.It does seem like they lose sight of wants important.Having fun and throwing it forward.
But as you said your human,and so are they, and so am i. we all just want a throw to call your new friend.
P.s. I truly enjoy when you " lowball" somebody and they get offended…then 2-3 days later thats the new stated price of the same exact throw that u got PM bashed for.XD gotta love humans.

XD, i love this! Made my night/morning.

Oh I understand now. Haha yes that would be a little ridiculous.