What's your worst ding thread

My first two (and only) dings on my Lost Essence.

What is your worst ding

String broke at my first contest and the yoyo slammed right into the side of the stage.

Surprisingly, I never got any really bad or deep ones. But, I went to a club meet once, and I had some yo-yo cases in the trunk of my car. I opened the trunk and grabbed a few throws from a case, but I never zipped it back up. I forgot the case was unzipped and when I removed it from the trunk of my car, and it wasn’t secure. I remember setting the cases on the front stairs when I got home, so I could open the door and get inside. When I turned to open the door, I heard a clank, clank, clank that sounded just like yo-yos going down the stairs haha. I didn’t turn around right away, and braced myself for what I might find. Luckily it was a Cafe Racer, original DiBase and some other inexpensive throw that sustained some minor damage. There were three yo-yos that fell out. You know how I roll, so they had to find a new home after that. They were still smooth, and no major dings, but no longer collector material haha. I still own those models, just not those colors anymore.

So this 3rd grader at school wanted to play with my shutter so first I taught him how to bind. Surprisingly he got it down in 5 minutes so I just let him borrow it for the day so he could impress his friends with picture tricks and whatnot. I told him not to worry if it hit the ground a couple of times since it was my everyday carry and he couldn’t throw with much force anyway. When he gave it back to me the rims were really scratched up so I was like “dude what happened?” and he said “my friends asked if I could walk the dog so I showed them.” At that point I didn’t even want it anymore because now it had lots of vibe and the anodization was all messed up. I ended up just giving it to him because I was getting 3 more yoyos for graduation in a week anyway.
Moral of the story: don’t forget to say “please don’t walk the dog” before handing over your yoyo

The Cafe racer you gave away in the small stuff game?

I think the moral of the story is to not give your yoyo to a third grader for an entire day xD

My worst was my Popstar, I was throwing it on concrete and it broke off the string. It rolled about 5 yards down the road, it was almost stripped of all ano and had a rock wedged in the bearing because it unscrewed a bit

My worst ding is the one I put in my glasses lens. Usually I know when there’s a snag, but this one caught me off guard, and right into my glasses.

I have never had one

Brace yourself…

…and the DiBase too. The damage on those is from the front stairs. My loss was their gain. I was going to put them on Ebay, but figured, I’ll just give them away. ::slight_smile:

You’re like too nice TA. If that’s possible.

People are really nice to me too, so it’s like a whole nice cycle of niceness. :smiley:

Destroyed my FG gnar2 the other week…Had it in my pocket climbing a steep incline, stepped on a moss covered rock…slipped…all my weight landed on the yo yo in my pocket and the rock…MONDO bruise on my thigh and actually cracked around the hub…now its a vibe machine…tut tut looks like its my beater now

That happened to my friend with his Majesty pre pro, only 10 made. Very sad…

I can’t believe yours actually still works.

I was going to say “scuffed up my classic on the driveway” but now feel kind of silly.

ya, at first i didnt think much of it and kept going, then 15 mins later i threw it and thought it had come loose it was vibing soo bad…nope, tiny crack around the center “nipple” looking thing (hub)…its still one of my favs, and makes me apprciate the smoothness (word?) of my others

bump

Back a while when I still had my genesis, my cousin was playing with it and it kinda hit a rock. Pretty big ding and everything and caused some vibe. Ended up trading it for a near mint Severe. The funny part is that I traded it to my cousin, who was the one who dinged it!