Which "concave bearing" is best?

I’m reasonably sure that this question has already been answered, but…
I have a couple of twisted trifecta bearings, and I like them a lot. But you can’t buy them from YYE any longer, so I’m wondering if the YYF bearings or the KonKave are better. I know that there are lots of folks who think going with concave bearings is kind of like cheating. I can accept the shame. I really want to know which concave-type bearings available at YYE are the best.

Thanking you in advance…

I like the crucial groove bearing. If you go to billybobsbaitandtackle.com, you can get the same bearing for $5.

1 Like

CONCAVE BEARINGS FOR LIFE!

with that said I and many others like KonKave bearings the best. You can also get Chinese Konkaves for a buck a piece, play about as good if not better then the real deal, and did I mention they’re 10-ball?

1 Like

I like the YYR ds bearing because it has 10 balls vs an 8 ball kk. It feels really smooth in my opinion. I’m not saying the kk bearing isn’t smooth and I’d also recommend it

1 Like

Ignore those people. They’re not worth your time. Yoyos are fun, play them how you want, and considering they’re allowed in all yoyo competitions, anyone who says they’re cheating needs to get off their high horse.

Phew sorry about that.

Now, as far as what’s best, the two I hear most often about are the Dif-E-Yo KonKaves, and the CBC (or YYF) CTX (center-trac X, which is a center-trac but with 10-balls rather than 8). I don’t think you can go wrong with either. I wouldn’t recommend buying ceramic, the few extra seconds of spin-time are just not worth double the price.

I personally like the CTX bearings, they’re pretty great.

2 Likes

I would recommend CT and CTX. I have a CT in my Chief and it plays great!

Send yoyo8821 a pm. He sent me a few trifecta concave bearings. He seemingly has a large supply. They’re $6 a piece. I think that’s shipped too.

lately I’ve been using the Buddha Whipple bearing, I think it plays really well.

Whoops. Forgot to mention the Buddha Whipples in my General-Yos. I have had no problems with them at all. However, these bearings are louder than CTs so if you are not into that sort of thing then don’t get them.