who is your roll model in the yoyo world?

I want to be as experienced and well rounded as Ed haponik
I want to be as smooth as Charles haycock
I want to be as innovative as Riccardo fraolini (thatā€™s a bit much)
I want to be as nice and have good trick pacing like guy wright
And I want to be as beast as Anthony Rojas

Those are my role models for yoyoing

And shout out to Jensen cause he shows yoyoing is about having fun

Oh yes and Iā€™d like to contribute as much as Andre.
But my all time favorite player is easily Aaron davis

1 Like

Harrison lee and noel kunz

Palli, Tyler severance , Harold owens , Shu takada, charles haycock and Paul dang

-Dylan

But my all time favorite player is John ando, I canā€™t believe he hasnā€™t been mentioned yet

A favourite player and a role model do not necessarily coincide. I can name at least one favourite player who is not a role model. :wink:

I hesitate to chime in on this thread since as an old bugger who is set in his ways, I donā€™t have too many of those. There are people who I highly respect, and the list is too long for me to not stress about missing someone. :wink: That said, Iā€™ll take the gamble and at least mention these people:

Steve Brown, Chris Mikulin, Adam Brewster, Ed Haponik, Guy Wright, Drew Tetz, AndrĆ© Boulay, David Metz (and pretty much the whole One Drop team!), DCW (Rafael Matsunaga and Jeff Coons in particular)ā€¦

Then there are the people I am proud to count as friends, including a bunch of people from this forumā€¦

And players whose skills and creativity I admire. Far too numerous to mention, and some of them overlap with that top list!

2 Likes

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbopOgjTc6g

A local Des Moines, IA player. Easily one of the nicest and most genuine people on planet earth.

Also, letā€™s give it up for Spencer Berry one more time. Everyone looks up to him. Dude is TALL.

Well John ando is my all time favorite Player, but he is also a role model because of the way he innovates, he won worlds, then now he is one of my favorite innovators, the reason I didnā€™t say he is my favorite is because Charles haycock and Riccardo fraolini overshadow him in the innovation part

What do you mean by true colors?

He wont say, big oleā€™ baby. Heā€™s super happy to talk about how other people arenā€™t creative and do all these terrible things, but wont say a name or give any reasoning because he actually comes across the big names listed in these threads on occasion.
The only reason he posted at all was to seem more in the know than the rest of us.

Topic starter asked a question.
I answered.
Just like the rest.
Donā€™t like it? Deal with it.
Please stop being foolish.

AndrƩ all the way! He is an awsome guy and does so much for the community.

Eric Koloski

and also Hiroyuki Suzuki (performance-wise)

Iā€™m a big fan of Chuck and Zach, as well as Rojas, Jensen, and Riccardo. I started yoyoing right after Jensen won worlds, so I probably watched that freestyle about a thousand times in my first few months learning and it really influenced my style and who I drew inspiration from over the next few years.

add just about everyone at the lodge of the carribous as more of my inspirations ;D

Lazar Medvedev. I love his slacks and tech :slight_smile:

Mostly everyone is my roll model in yoyoing but there are a few that stand out more to me and they areā€¦

surprisingly Ann Connolly not in terms of skill but in terms of what shes doing in the yoyo community. basically in a nut shell is she travels around the world yoyoing promoting a new yoyo, showing off a new colorway constantly and getting signatures. which to me sounds like the best time ever for someone to do in a hobby. But as for skill i look up to Petr Kavaka his style is memorizing and its very techy and slacky at the same time which is mind boggling to me because most of the time you get one or the other in yoyoing.

John Ando for all the hard work, Charles Haycock for the smoothness, Jensen Kimmit for the skills and humor, Ricardo Fraolini for the creativity, Ed Haponik for keeping fixies going, and AndrƩ Boulayfor the business sense

1 Like

John Ando got me into it, and Jensen Kimmit has kept me going.

Harold Owens III is rad.

I think it would be fun to chill with Mack Finley.

Mickey