who is your roll model in the yoyo world?

Paul Kerbel. I love how he uses the music to make his performance better and how he integrates his whole body.

Hans Van Dan Elzen - he was at one time reduced to a joke in the community while pitching for his Dad, (probably due to that stupid hat and song) but kept doing what he loves and started arguably the most influential company in yoyoing today while risking everything he had. He’s been behind a lot of the innovations we know and love today and looking at some of his patents I don’t think we’ve seen half of it yet.

2 Likes

tom kuhn!

I LOVE that you add Rashad in there, he is such a good fellow.

Ahmad Rashad?

Hahah but seriously who is Rashad?

By far Logan Willis of the Werrd Wrecking Crew. Role model, funny, and just an all around great guy.

1 Like

the people who own barely any yoyos and just focus on rocking faces with their play

the people who will never rock any faces with their play but keep throwing cuz its fun (me forever and always)

the companies that put out sick looking yoyos that i have to incinerate my money to buy on a regular basis

Aaron Davis!

2 Likes

Jensen Kimmitt

Janos Karancz

roll model may be a strong term to describe it for me. as i don’t expect anyone to live a certain way or adhere to a certain standard.

major yoyoin’ influences would be Frank Difeo, Jake Bullock and Steve Brown. as well as many other great yoyoers from around the country and world…past and present.

mgodinez

cloudy…

1 Like

John Narum and Ed Haponik

Not exactly role models, but great inspirations…

Hiroyuki Suzuki for his crazy fast play style that not many other humans can match.
Janos for his insane technical tricks that is impossible for any other person
Tyler severance and Harold Owens III for teaching me just how fun yoyoing can be
Jensen kimmit because he understands that yoyoing isn’t all about getting sponsored and winning contests.
And many, many others

Steve Brown and Ed Haponik. They are both closer to my age and enjoy throwing as much if not more than I do.

2 Likes

I really like Zach Gormley, Aaron Davis, Charles haycock, and gentry Stein. All have their own unique and amazing skill.

Also, most of all, the ones that I really look to are all of us here and in the whole yoyo community that are continuing to keep yoyoing alive. Yoyoing isn’t really all that popular and could have easily died out years ago… But it has been all of us that continue to love the sport and art and that’s what’s keeping it around and alive. Thanks to the whole yoyo community!

1 Like

I want to be as experienced and well rounded as Ed haponik
I want to be as smooth as Charles haycock
I want to be as innovative as Riccardo fraolini (that’s a bit much)
I want to be as nice and have good trick pacing like guy wright
And I want to be as beast as Anthony Rojas

Those are my role models for yoyoing

And shout out to Jensen cause he shows yoyoing is about having fun

Oh yes and I’d like to contribute as much as Andre.
But my all time favorite player is easily Aaron davis

1 Like

Harrison lee and noel kunz

Palli, Tyler severance , Harold owens , Shu takada, charles haycock and Paul dang

-Dylan

But my all time favorite player is John ando, I can’t believe he hasn’t been mentioned yet