"Old Folks" who Can Sort of Throw BATTLE 2014 - Discussion and Rules

Thank you!
To all of the sponsors and participants; This has been a really positive, fun activity. Special thanks to Greg for putting this all together and keeping it amazingly seamless.

Now I just need to work on some new moves for next year. I’ve got to learn “thehandcoder Brim Tap”.

1 Like

That brim tap is a painful one to practice. :wink:

Congrats to all the winners! Be sure to get some practice in and take another shot at Greg in the next Fixed Axle February.

1 Like

Great contest this year. It was cool to see so many entries, and so many great videos. Everybody should be proud. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to Greg for running such a fun contest.

1 Like

Just wanted to give a big thanks to the sponsors of the contest. I got my One Drop Valor yesterday and haven’t put it down yet. It’s an excellent throw. Thanks also to YoYoExpert. Already blew my gift certificate in the store.

Thanks Everyone.
Ben

1 Like

Thanks, Ben! Glad you had fun!

The Unknown strings should be ordered by the end of day for those who have supplied an address. Then they’ll be in the mail a few days thereafter. I contact those who haven’t supplied an address to see if they’re still interested in their strings. If you know for sure you haven’t given me an address, might as well fire it along before I send you a message. :wink:

Greg

I wonder if anyone thinks this has been forgotten for this year…

It has not.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet.

Cool. I’m in this time. I think I’m going to mix in some fixed axle fun as well. :smiley:

Wahey! I was hoping this was going to be on this year, was great fun to watch last year. ;D

Can’t wait till I’m able to qualify as an “old folk”…

woo woo ;D

but now that its been over a year…I guess I have to move up to the next division…tut tut

Official announcement is only hours or at the most days away, but I just wanted to say that there will be prizes available to all. Some based on play or videography, but we are adding a few more random draws so that as long as you submit a video you could win something good. And of course the traditional “pack of strings to all entrants” so not a single person walks away empty-handed.

The prizes we have rounded up this year are going to make some eyes pop. :wink:

Will there be an actual “Old Folks” (i.e. <50) division?

Nope. It’s 30+. But we might be able to wrangle up some recognition for the actual “Old Folks”. :wink:

This year we are going with the term “Elders”. :smiley:

wow, I have maybe a month of yoyoing as an adult, but I am 30 so I qualify, probably won’t win, but maybe a random draw could go my way

1 Like

Exactly!

You’re also in the “beginner” category, so you never know… :slight_smile:

Am i allowed to enter if i just look 30+(my beard shall fool all of you)?? ;D :wink: :wink: :wink: ;D

Hahaha! Nice.

When is the plan to start this? My life is kind of upside down right now, most free time comes while at work ;D Hoping things will start to calm down when this begins so I can join in the fun

As promised! We are under way:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,87381.msg976112.html#msg976112