Sturm Panzer MEGA-REVIEW: Eclipse Ogre, Leo Sniper MK II (both colors) *UPDATE*

Third post has been updated with pictures, along with my impressions of the light blue version of the Leo Sniper MK II, which I received several days ago.

If anyone needs help locating any of these yo-yos, please don’t hesitate to PM me.

EDIT: Moved some images around as one was considered sketchy.

So close to pulling the trigger. haha. Great reviews Shai!

The major international retailer just got a restock of Sturm Panzer. They have both versions of Leo Sniper MK II in stock for $170 and have the Eclipse Ogre 3A set for $280.

It’s cheaper to order the set direct (24000 yen) but once you factor in shipping there’s not as big a difference (25500 yen).

Get one. You know you want to. DO IT.

Thanks Shai Hulud !
These review is greatful.

SY-002 LEO SNIPER MK-2 is very light weight.
Light Blue color is about 62.5[g].
New Blue color is about 60[g] .
By the way, Old model LEO SNIPER is about 66[g].

People is thinking that “The weight of Yo-Yo is around 65[g], that is best-weight”.
However, STURM PANZER must break to Common-Ssense pf people.
Because if we didn’t try to make New-Theory Yo-Yos, the market of Yo-Yo is not economic growth.

SY-002 LEO SNIPER MK-2 is mounted Size-D bearing. (hspin size)
STURM PANZER thinks that Size-D bearing is superior to other sizes. (Future prediction of 2014 or later.)
There are 3 reasons.
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10409788_1452047195041524_8160785160923984393_n.jpg
(This picture is any Yo-Yo mounted size-D bearing.)

The one of reason is that Spining-Power is stronger than other sizes.
Combination of Bi-Metal(A7075 and Brass) and size-D bearing makes both spin and speed.

But Yo-yo in the bonus, Storybook is the main contents!
You can read STORYBOOk ENGLISH Ver. (Now STORYBOOK#2 only.)
http://sturm-panzer.jp/en/STORY.html
Adobe PDF format. Thanks Alex Kido for translate into English.

DX-06 ECLIPSE OGRE Luna & Ray (2 Yo-Yo Set)

These are signature Yo-Yos of Kasumi Hino who is heroine of STORYBOOK.
Gouki Hiura uses ECLIPSE OGRE L&R for 3A.
Each of ECLIPSE OGRE is installed Kasumi’s soul.
Gouki likes(or loves?) kasumi, so he uses ECLIPSE OGRE, and fighting at “Yo-Yo Fist”.
This is very important about our STORYBOOK.

For Yo-Yo ability, ECLIPSE OGRE has Super-Spin-Power!
You can play easy to 3A tricks amd Top-On(Finger-Spin) tricks.
Shinnosuke Maekawa won contest by ECLIPSE OGRE with YoYoJam Lateral Cap.

ECLIPSE OGRE is best Yo-Yo of STURM PANZER ! (June.2014 now)

(form our official web)
http://sturm-panzer.jp/images/kasumi01.jpghttp://sturm-panzer.jp/images/gouki01.jpg

Age: 29 Height: 156cm Blood type: O Yo-Yo: She is not a player of Yo-Yo Fist Play style: Commander of Team STURM PANZER Special Moves: Spider Baby

Kasumi is an engineer of the defense contractor “Marshal Industry”.
One of the developers of “Bio-Spinner System”
that is directly connected to the brain and Yo-Yo.
In 2013, she was tasked with maintenance of STEALTH OGRE.
After that, Kasumi recruited Kyoshiro, Reita and Gouki who is a high school classmate.
ECLIPSE OGRE that Gouki uses is her proprietary.

Kasumi to do the only thing necessary to herself.
Feel the coldness of beauty, but she is friendly personality.

Age: 29 Height: 155cm Blood type: AB Yo-Yo: ECLIPSE OGRE Luna & Ray Play style: 2-handed string trick Special Moves: Eclipse Driver

Kasumi & Gouki, they were clasmates of high school. After the “STEALTH OGRE-Incident”,
She has developed ECLIPSE OGRE Luna & Ray.
In order to conquer the world by using
the Bio-Spinner System of ECLIPSE OGRE,
she teamed up with him.

He has the strongest power and the fastest speed until the battery on ECLIPSE OGRE gets
no remaining. But defense is very weak
as a piece of paper.

Why does the color of his wristband and sneakers same as ECLIPSE OGRE ?
Because she confirm whether left side or right side of his body is active.
ECLIPSE OGRE is in control by her always.
He is “fragile human” if she is absent.

Moment of “ECLIPSE”, Kasumi & Gouki intersects as the Sun & the Moon,
they will release the power of miracle to overturn the world !

Thanks for peaple read and comment to this review!

I would liket to contact for Andre about…

2 Likes

Thanks for commenting on my review.

I agree about size D bearings. I think there is a lot of potential for D bearings especially when combined with extreme rim weighting in bi-metal yo-yos. I hope to see more D-bearing yo-yos enter the market, from Sturm Panzer, and from other companies as well. I also hope you will be able to sell your yo-yos here. I think some of them might have patent issues with Yoyojam, due to the over-the-rim brass rings, but the Leo Sniper models do not conflict with that patent.

Have you tried the Pyro Strider?

No, it looks interesting but I can’t find it anywhere, except the outlet version, which I wouldn’t want. Do you know anywhere that has them in stock (PM me)?

Nope, sorry. I wanted one too.

I’ve thrown a D-Strider around, and while I thought it was good, I didn’t get as much of a kick out of it as I did some of the other YYJk line-up.

Awesome review!! I know I just bumped a 8 month old review but I don’t see any other Sturmpanzer reviews.

What ever happened to Shai Hulud? I have not seen any posts from him in awhile. Posts and reviews like this one are a valuable contribution to the community.

1 Like

Too many people giving him crap doubting the magic of the bi-metal so he dipped out and moved to Japan where his expertise was welcomed with open arms.

1 Like

I said this on FB, but I theorize that his intense passion of bimetals cause him to become one himself

And because of that, he is stuck in an endless spin.

1 Like

The tone of these last two posts might give a hint?

Is Shai the new Oracle of Bi-Metal? Since when is he the only one championing Bi-metals?

Who is NOT promoting Bi-Metal yo-yo’s?

1 Like

Although I was being facetitious, he did get a lot of crap for a while before all the bi-metal hype.

In reality, he is just busy with school.

2 Likes

That is an answer I can understand. :slight_smile:

Shai: come back when you can. Your comments and contributions are appreciated.

1 Like

What geezer said :slight_smile:

Great review, please do the SY-003 Schneider :smiley:

The spin time for those finger spins is god like,

Unfortunately I think very few people on YYE have played with the SY-003 Schneider. Another Sturm Panzer fan, slowyojoe, reviewed it in his thread here along with a couple other Sturm Panzer yoyos: Comparative review of the Sturm Panzer SY-003 Schneider - Yo-Yo Reviews - YoYoExpert Forums