What happened to YoyoJam?

Wait whaaattt lol Wasn’t the Peak supposed to be a cross between 401k and Hitman or something? Oh well, you’d probably remember better than me lol, I was a wee little lad when the Peak came out.

If I remember correctly, it has been stated by the creator that it was very heavily modeled after the Hitman and 401k…

Paul liked the HM, Chris liked the 401k or something.

The Chief doesn’t play that muh better then a Yeti, what’s your point?

Hadn’t ever heard that…nice to know after all this time I can still learn new things. :slight_smile:

I personally still think the shape is closer to the Dark Magic. Will take some comparison pics when I get the chance. Got to use a Peak and MA States, and compared it to my Trinity and Dark Magic, more similar than you would think :wink:

1 Like

While your sentiments are laudable; everything you use to describe YYJ is in the past tense. I think that is the point here. Respect is something that is earned. Once earned it must be maintained. I think many are questioning that maintenance.

YoYoJam has new stuff in the works and players behind it. What we have seen looks great. Just give them some time. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I will always have a soft spot for yoyojam (my kicksides in particular), they were the the first modern throws I aquired when I took up yoyoing again 5 years ago. I loved the old hitman and lyn fury style cap art; I was thrilled to see it again on the recent hitman anniversary ed.

I was just gonna ask that.

So… Is an Alexis JV sig in the works? (If you didn’t know, JV got sponsored by them back in Feb. after winning East Canadian Regionals with a Phenom)

1 Like

I’ll go out on a limb and say that Grant Johnson’s new throw - which I borrowed for extended periods of time while at KS states a month ago was easily my favorite YYJ I’ve ever played and that I’ll be quite happy to own one once it’s released.

Also, it’s got lots of new interesting design stuff going on there.

should be great! :slight_smile:

What happened to the synthesis?

Oo ^^^ this I want.

Cudnt agree with you more… Very good point … Specially about the recycled shapes with other peoples colorway.

Mad respect to YYJ!!!

Excited to see what’s next.

It got a run.

YoyoJam is a great company. I think that they need to update or release a few more models. All of the metal/plastic hybrids seems to just have different dyes or anodizing colors to the unexperienced eye. Most companies are selling their full metals at the same price as YYJ’s hybrids. A little bit of marketing revision and a new model would get YYJ back to what it used to be.

but did it ever sell at stores?

No.

Yes.

Takeshi is now with turning point [link removed]

Please don’t link to other online stores

vegabomb

Old news! The Palpitation looks alright.