YYF Hubstack After Glow Review

The YYF Hubstack is a good yoyo with a few flaws. The normal Hubstack is about 20 USD while the After Glow is about 25 USD. Here are the specs:

Diameter: 58.36 mm / 2.29 inches
Width: 40.3 mm / 1.58 inches
Gap Width: 4.80 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 63.2 grams
Bearing Size: SLIM Size C (.125 x .500 x .187)
or Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: CBC “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD
Afterglow Battery Size: LR41 Button Battery

When I first started looking at the Hubstack I thought is was going to replace the Protostar for me. It is my favorite plastic and has been ever since I got it. I wanted something new and interesting and the Hubstack looked like what I wanted. I got the afterglow because it came unresponsive, unlike the regular Hubstack which came responsive. It finally came and here is what I think of it.

Looks: It has a nice, solid look in its presentation and design. Simple but good. In the dark, it looks absolutely stunning. It leaves streaks of light as you do tricks and shines so bright I could use it as a flashlight. When not spinning in the dark, it looks like any other yoyo, the plastic doesn’t glow. I expected it to glow but all the light you see comes from LED lights inside the yoyo. This was a major disappointment to me, but you my not care for plastic that glows in the dark.

Quality and feel: It feels extremely cheap. I am worried that if it hits the ground it will shatter in a million pieces. When doing tricks, it feels out of control because it it very light for its size. I also got a slightly responsive bearing so it comes back when I don’t want it to. It is, however, very fun to play with. It takes tricks well despite the responsiveness and low spin time. It is not super smooth or spins forever, but it is relatively fun to play with.

Hubstacks: The hubstacks work as well as any other hubstack, it doesn’t lower the spin time and you can feel the power in your hands. One thing that is better is the placement of the stacks. You don’t have to stretch your fingers to not hit the side of the yoyo. I have this problem with every other yoyo with stacks I have tried. The hubstacks are worth it.

Over all it is a good, fun yoyo with some control problems, but other than that, there is no reason you shouldn’t get the YYF Hubstack AfterGlow.

Please give my some feed back so I can do better. I hope this review was helpful.

That was very helpful man. Now I’m definitely placing my order

That’s a good review. :slight_smile: However, I want to clarify one thing:

[quote=“slight1029,post:1,topic:66656”]
It’s white glow in the dark plastic. Like the others from that collection, you’ll need to “charge it up” first. The Afterglow just adds the lights on the sides. :wink:

Cheers!