Four Corners July 5th 2014 Contest/Meet

I’ll have my PA set up and we should be able to play it. We had music with a great 5A demo by Shannon Jackson a few years ago.

^ That’s cool. I think I’ll stick to 1A. :wink:

Tried any 2A? I just came back from ABQ and had a lot of time to yo-yo. I ended up switching back and forth between 1A and 2A. Looking forward to the rest of the MALEFIC video. There are a few Northwest NM yo-yo trick film projects in the works.

I’ve never tried 2A. I can’t even one hand loop. I want to learn this summer!

MALEFIC is lookin good right now. I’ve story boarded the intro and filmed it. I’m glad you liked the preview!

Will both of them go in the same bag? :wink:

The Yomega Glides will be in two separate bags. I’m still busy promoting the contest and have been offline. I’m giving a yo-yo workshop tomorrow and then a show on Saturday. There is a stack of contest flyers going to both events.

Definitely get the word out! Do you expect more people this year?

I’m always hoping for more than the previous year. There will be 100 yo-yos given out tomorrow along with contest flyers at the Farmington Public Tween Summer Reading Yo-Yo Workshop 10 am. I hope the workshop will encourage more people to take up the “Art of Yo!”. I also have another workshop coming up on June 27th.

Did Duncan send posters this year?

There are Duncan banners this year :slight_smile:

Nice. Looks like there’s more too! I lost my banner in a move.

Is vulto sponsoring this years contest?

How are your yoyo workshops going?

Your wall needs a Duncan banner or it’s just a wall.

I haven’t heard anything from Vulto this year. I know they stay busy with a lot of events in South America and in Europe. I do have some Vulto strings and will have them in one of the prize bags.

The workshop last week was fun! I sparked up a YoYoFactory Ricochet for the first time for the group. I have another coming up on Friday at 1:30 in the E3 Children’s Museum.

So true. What else did Duncan send?

How long is a demo?

A trick I’ll be doing if I make it to the freestyle portion:

There is a redesigned Echo in the Duncan mix and a few other things. I’m interested to see how the new Echo plays. I picked up the original Echo when it first came out at the 2010 National Yo-Yo contest.

The demos run a few minutes in between the live music and raffle drawings during the Ice Cream Social.

I’m looking forward to Saturday. I just ran into someone who saw the TV spot for the contest.

Learning to loop is really good if you want to get better at regens in 1A

I start my journey to Farmington today. I’ll enjoy all 567 miles of it!

Look forward to seeing you in Farmington. If there is anyone unfamiliar with driving in the desert… Make sure to carry: water, sunscreen and lots of yo-yos.

Is spirit bomb on the trick list? It should be.

Spirit bomb is on the list. It is a great trick!

I hope ya’ll have a big turnout ;D

Love,
All the throwers of Albuquerque (all three of us, haha)