C3yoyodesign Speedaholic

History: C3yoyodesign’s is known for making high quality yo-yo’s. David Molnar’s signature Dymension, Shinya Kido’s signature Krown and Pong Si Yee’s signature P-Wave are just some of the yo-yo’s they have created for European and World champions. I have been wanting to get my hands on a C3yoyodesign yo-yo but the costs of their yo-yo’s are a bit high and since the Alpha Crash is not available anymore, I had to wait. When I saw the announcement of C3yoyodesign releasing a cheap high quality yo-yo I got hyped up knowing I would be able to buy it. The Speedaholic was then released and with a price tag of $13.50 I knew I had to have it.

Specs (Source Yoyoexpert.com):
Diameter: 54.76 mm/ 2.15 inches
Width: 45.86 mm/ 1.80 inches
Gap Width: 4.23 mm/ .166 inches
Weight: 67 grams
Bearing: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: 19 mm - Slim Pad

First Impressions: I received my yo-yo in the mail and immediately opened the package and inspected it. I got it in the choice of clear and it looks amazing. I could not stop staring at it for a good 10 minutes or so. My preferred choice of weight is in about 67-69 gram range so since the yo-yo fits in that category I knew it was going good since the beginning. The shape is comfortable as well, it fits in my hand great. It reminded me a lot of the YYF Protostar except without the $35 price tag and the center trac bearing installed. The only thing left to do after inspection was to play test it.

Play: On my first throw, the spin time was really good (and it still is). There was one thing about it that was distracting, however, the bearing was a bit noisy. This was fixed quick though since all I had to do was add some thin lube and Voila! The noise was gone. I put it through 4 pretty long 1a combos I am working on right now and it handled them with ease. I also put a string with a counterweight on it and it took my 5a combos with ease as well. I am not bad at the horizontal style of play and this yo-yo was able to execute the few tricks I know how to do. Slacks and picture tricks work perfectly. I would also say it plays about the same as a Protostar, the shape is just a bit different. Other than that thought it is a great yo-yo to have and take with you when you do not want to risk an expensive all metal yo-yo.

Final thoughts: Do I regret getting this yo-yo? NOO WAY! I love this yo-yo. It plays great, it is at an affordable price and it is by one of the best yo-yo companies out there, C3yoyodesign. If you are skeptical about getting this yo-yo, maybe look at the video of Team C3using the Speedaholic and you will get an idea of how much can be done with this yo-yo. It truly shows the quality of C3yoyodesign and with a price of $13.50 it is definitely worth buying. I really love this yo-yo how about you guys?

AWESOME review. I have had my eye on the Speedaholuc since Day 1 as well. Awesome review

I have had my Speedaholic since they first came available and I am very happy with it. great review!

Nice review. I was impressed with the speedaholic as well. For the price, it’s amazing. Also looks great in purple!

Thanks you guys! I know right, it is a great throw. I actually bought it before the other color options came out so I did not get a chance to look at the other colors, but they all look great too.

I will be receiving one shortly in black. And thanks for the awesome review!!!

nice! really considering this yoyo! ;D

I have the Speedaholic as my first yoyo, the only downside IMO is the low quality sticker.
It have very rough edge and you tend to rub against it frequently so it came off easily, I have to tape it with a clear sellotape to make sure it doesn’t come off.
You might wanna add that to your existing review :wink:

I played with one for a few minutes back at PNW regionals in Seattle and it was a lot of fun. Felt really solid and the spin time seemed very impressive. I’ve learned a lot in the time since then, but first impressions were great. It’s now on my list of inexpensive throws to try along with a classic.

Very nice review!!! I have also previously owned a speedaholic, it played very nicely and was definitely a bang for the buck… I eventually gave it to one of my young cousins who had just learned to bind…

This is the same thing that happened to me. The stickers fell off during the first day of play. I actually emailed C3 to see if they can send/sell me replacements.

Other than that it is currently my fav. throw!

i did not get any email ! Please PM me for more details …

tks