What's wrong with the 888x

We’ll I got it on sale for $50 and my grandma payed half

Oh no, its small? Its not like some people like undersized yoyos.

WOW… so much wrong with this, there isn’t much to say about it. SMH

Sounds like a good deal. I’m sure you’ll have a great time with it. Keep in mind that if it’s not the flavor of the day, it will no doubt not get rave reviews, which means absolutely nothing.

I have an early version of the 888 and I don’t see a lot of difference. I like the way it plays.

Also, one should keep in mind that high walling a yoyo was a highly sought after yoyo mod at one point.

Just traded for a 888x lol. Gonna cut some shmoove rings into it and powder coat it.

it just seemed like a backwards yoyo. The 07 888 ran lower walls than it unless you count the highwall editions that came later. The 08 888 was a 7075 888 so that was still an improvement for many. The 09 888 went for higher walls but there was also the classic 888 which was a replica of the 07. The final production is the 888x though which just didn’t seem like an improvement on any of the previous designs and felt unnecessary. There’s also no special edition versions which is probly why it never had any popularity to begin with since that tends to help some of the other upper end yoyofactory models. I think an aluminum ricochet would have made a better 888x than what the model currently is.

The Boss is basically an aluminum Ricochet imo. One of YYF’s best throws that nobody seems to remember.

felt that way even after a kk lol

was talking about the majority, the size contributes to the bad stability and spin times, don’t sass me kid.

well if you’re not gonna back up what’s wrong then your comment is pointless.

What is your definition of a high end yoyo?

I know it is stable.

The spin times are long enough to win.

It is small/undersized but I would not call it expensive.

People forget that the 888 set the bar for performance and is still an exceptional yoyo.

1 Like

Truth! All of this is true. Thanks.

Not lower quality just cheaper in china. People don’t like it because it takes away jobs from people in the US.

Pretty sure most of the Americans complaining wouldn’t want to work in a sweat shop anyway.

What I gather from this is that your throw is fickle and dependent. As well, just because your opinion fits in a majority does not negate the existence of things you don’t like.

[quote=“jbritter3,post:17,topic:65550”]
You sound like a parent that sends their kid to their room the second they bring up a valid point.

There’s nothing wrong with the 888x. Many people prefer other 888 models over the 888x for various reasons, a primary one being the highwall on the 888x (the 09 also has a highwall standard, the 07/08 do not). Additionally, undersized yoyos have fallen more and more out of favor the past few years.

If a highwall organic throw is what you’re after then the 888x could be an excellent choice. If you want the latest awesome 56mm diameter, 54mm width V/H shape competition oriented yoyo then the 888x is not for you.

high end like OD, CLYW, YYR

it’s not stable in comparison to other yoyo’s out there. It’s stable enough to have fun with if it’s your preferences but not very stable on the overall scale.

It’s $100, terrible price compared to real high ends or new budget metals.

That was then, this is now.

My throw is great lol you can’t determine that by what I said, and I was giving the reasons the people don’t like it! which was the whole freaking point of the post!!! I never said I didn’t enjoy it, never said I thought it was terrible, I was simply stating the complains I’ve heard of it.

I’m not a parent for one, and two, I’d never do that, three, you don’t even have a valid point, you’re misunderstanding and throwing stupid comments at me.

Nothing wrong with it to me. I really liked my 888x (2010). Great grind finish, fun hub-stacks, and plenty of spin for me. Heavy on the string somewhat but solid and fast too if you wanted it. Got mine mint for cheap and wished I’d never passed it on now! :wink:

You could argue any yoyo that isn’t solid titanium isn’t highend. No yoyos are for everyone.

1 Like

I never liked my 888x. I traded it for an '07 888(Small bearing) at worlds, and it’s now one of my favorite yoyos.

JBritter, you’re arguing about whether a yoyo is good or not with someone who won trick innovator of the year and multiple regional contests over the last like, 8 years. What an idiot.
Saying a yoyo isn’t high end simply for the fact that it isn’t made by CLYW, TP, OD or YYR is ABSURD.
True, the 888x isn’t as good as some of the old ones, but it is still better than you. If the 888x isn’t stable enough for you, you should quit.

Thanks for all your help guys. And stop fighting