"Guess" Tutorial

WARNING! Info dump imminent. Please excuse my garrulity.

This is a tutorial for a trick I made up back in 2009 or 2010 called guess. If you have seen my first video, the first thing you will probably notice is that this is a much easier and less technical trick than my other tricks. This is also my first venture into making tutorials, so any feedback/comments are most welcome, but please be kind.

Before you watch the tutorial, let me make some additional comments on the trick and tutorial.

The mount for this trick I have been doing for several years. I have never seen any one else do it, so I am officially naming it the guess mount. I have always thought it was a cool looking mount, so if you donā€™t learn the trick at least learn the mount; it should give you some new ideas to play around with. Also, I might make a video showing some variations of the mount this weekend.

The hardest parts of this trick are probably the two pinky chopsticks. The only advice I can give is practice. As far as I know, there hasnā€™t been any tutorials for tricks involving the pinky, so I hope learning this trick inspires you to try landing the yoyo on different fingers. Remember: you have more than just two fingers and a thumb, and you never know what you might come up with.

One last thing. Some of the text descriptions in the video donā€™t stay up for very long. Windows movie maker does not let you choose how long they stay up, so whenever a large amount of text appears, you might have to pause the video. I am sorry for this inconvenience, but the problem is beyond my control.

Anyway, I hope you learn and enjoy the trick. Have fun!

P.S. I have a Wonder Woman and Orange Tulips tutorial that will be up in about week. So keep your eyes peeled.

1 Like

Nice! The pinky chopsticks is pretty cool!

And Boston jams.

[quote=ā€œimperator381,post:1,topic:65449ā€]
Thatā€™s not actually true lolā€¦ but as for the videoā€¦
The tutorial was a little fastā€¦ not that fast but still fastā€¦ another thing i think you should have chucked the music or turned down the volume a littleā€¦ as for the trick, thatā€™s great! It was nice and technical and also the pinky move was very innovativeā€¦ that was a great trickā€¦

for the text you can actually choose how long itā€™s up in windows movie maker just takes a little searching.

Indeed they do. ;D

What do yo mean by it was a little fast? Were some parts hard to follow?

I just figured out that you can drag and extend clips in the timeline. I will make sure to do this if I do any more tutorials. Thanks.

Sorry you didnā€™t like the music. I thought it fit well. To each his own I guess. I am glad you enjoyed the trick though. :slight_smile:

Well, sort ofā€¦ but the main problem was you didnā€™t really give enough time to digest the informationā€¦

Do you have any suggestions on how I can slow things down?

I actually thought that the teaching of the trick wasnā€™t too short at all. I thought it was well put together and demonstrated more then weā€™ll enough to understand. Also, very cool with incorporating the pinky finger in the trick. Thatā€™s a sweet trick and one that Iā€™m adding to my list to learn! Thanks!

I thought I did a good job on pacing the steps, but I guess different people have different opinions on such things. :-\

Thanks a lot! I hope you have as much fun learning the trick as I did making it.

That was dope!!! Super flow Yo!

Slow down the clips or repeat themā€¦

1 Like

I will definitely do this with my next tutorials. Thanks a lot stuarttw. :slight_smile: