First Video

This is my first time shooting and editing a video, so please excuse the simplicity. Jordan Cooper, Sage, and Bryn Herrera were my main sources for inspiration for these tricks. I hope you all enjoy.

You are too schmoove… that was so epic, clean, awesome, cool, sweet, mind-blowing, original, techy, overly-complicated, controlled, … 5 minutes later , confusing, interesting…

Glad you liked my tricks; most of them are several years old. Oh, and thanks for embedding my video. I could not figure out how to get it to embed.

lol take out the s in https at the beginning of the link

Pretty awesome man, you had a lot of tech and flow, I was entertained the whole time!

Thanks for the tip. I will keep this in mind next time I post a video.

Thanks, I am glad you were entertained.

Loved it. How long have you been throwing? You should make tutorials for these tricks haha.

I have been throwing on and off since late 2004. I started throwing more often this past winter.

I plan to do a tutorial for the one handed bucket trick I do in the video and a flowy, less technical trick not shown in this video. I’m just trying to figure out the best way to do the tutorials and experimenting with filming at different angles. As for the other tricks, I don’t think I could teach them with a video tutorial. There are a lot of nuances that I have no idea how to explain on a video. However, if I ever make it to a contest, I would be more than willing to teach you or anyone else every trick I know.

I also would like to do tutorials for some older Spencer Berry and Paul Escolar tricks (Wonder Woman, Havoc, Orange Tulips, Pure 143, etc.) There doesn’t seem to be any tutorials for these tricks. So I might try to teach some of these tricks as well since I’ve known how to do them for quite some time.

I am just trying to find the time to do it all.

That sounds awesome. If you decide to do these tutorials I would definitely learn from them. I love your play style.

You can still modify the post lol…

Thanks! I did not know I could do that. I’m such a noob haha :stuck_out_tongue:

That would be sweet man. I’m sure many people would greatly appreciate it.

I would LOVE tutorials for your tricks. They were so smooth, flowy, and techy. I need to add some of that style into my arsenal.

wow that was good.

don’t think those tricks happen over night

That was great man! Very impressive for a first vid. Those all were some sick combos and all flowed together very, very well. And like the others have said, it would be great if you would do some tutorials for us. I would really enjoy learning and incorporating some of your awesome style. Keep up the good work!

HaHa… they don’t happen over night. Some of those trick were created about 4-5 years ago (I don’t remember the exact dates). I had to relearn most of them because I took a break from yoyoing in 2011. I started throwing again in the late summer of 2012 and came up with the others. I then took another break and started back up early this year. Some of them I have tweaked through the years.

It’s late and I’m bored, so allow me to muse more in depth about my tricks if you will…

The first trick I do (right after the double-on laceration at the beginning) was the first tech trick I ever finished. I had created simpler tricks and combos in the past, but this was the first trick that I was proud to call my own. I have not changed anything in this trick since I created it. I named it Arche (pronounced AR-KAY)

The next trick came not long after Arche. Both tricks were inspired by Jordan Cooper’s Three Nails video. This is one trick I have changed. It had originally ended with a weird slack/whip thing, but I found it very awkward to do, so I dumped that ending and settled for the ending it has now. I have never thought of an appropriate name for this trick.

I have always referred to the next trick as my Eiffel combo. It is one of those rare tricks that didn’t take me while to complete and smooth out. If I remember correctly, I had the whole trick worked out in just a few hours. This isn’t as impressive as it sounds because, if your observant, you will have noticed that the first half of the trick (excluding the mount) is the same as my 1 handed bucket trick that is shown later in the video. I was messing around with that trick and found this one.

The following trick I named cardiac arrest, and out of all the tricks in the video, it is the hardest one for me to hit consistently. This is another trick that used to have a different ending, but I didn’t care for the way it looked. The slack-to-hart at the end I found by accident and added to the trick at the last minute. I think Brian Cosky may have done the same thing or something similar a long time ago.

The next trick is one of my warm up tricks. It started out as just a simple wrist mount combo. I used to not like it very much, but after a while it started to grow on me, so decided too put it in the video. I never named this one either.

Out of all my tricks the last trick is the one that has gone through the most changes. It has gone through at least 7 or 8 different endings. Some I didn’t like, others I thought were stupid. I think the ending it has now fits the trick well; however, I don’t think I will ever be finished with this trick. It is aptly named indecision.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. It’s late and I need to go to bed.

Thanks for the kind words. I never thought I would get this many comments and this many people wanting to learn my tricks. It all really means a lot.

The tutorials are in the works, but like I mentioned in an earlier post, I might not be able to explain some things adequately. I will try my best though.

I had finished tutorials for the tricks orange tulips and wonder woman that I was going to upload next week, but after reviewing the tutorials and getting some feedback on my guess tutorial, I decided there were some things that I needed to change and re-film. After I finish and upload these tutorials, I will start doing tutorials of my own tricks. I just wanted to do tutorials for these tricks because I think they are important landmarks in the history of string tricks, they are some of my favorites, and they seem to be a little neglected.