4/16 Update; jbritter3's Yo-yo Design , The Viking Page 3

Ahhh I see. Ill look to see how it affects my weight distribution and decide whether I like it or not. I’m not a big fan of center weight.

The Werrd Minute… pretty tiny spikes, but still usable.

Just can’t be to broad?

Exactly!

Ill see what I can do :wink:

was your thumb on the spike when you were doing that “fingerspin”

In that video, yes. But you can do it on fingers, too. :slight_smile:

Oh my, my buddy at a meet can do that with his eyes closed, i should make a video.

It’s easy stuff. But fun to do.

The weight placement looks awesome, I like the overall design also.

thanks man, means a lot coming from you!

okay, so I’m in a big of a fight with myself, spike or no spike and just leave it flat to be better for fingerspins? how do you think the lost weight of the spike will affect play?

Spike
if you do it right, you still can do finger spin and got a matador support as well.

Yup, I still fingerspin on yoyos with nipples and spikes.

Just not sure if I want the weight there tho.

And fingerspining is harder with a spike tho but doable.

Spike doesn’t add that much center wieght, does it?

not too much, but every little bit counts and adds to the overall feel.

Very nice looking proto mockup. The specs are perfect for the type of throw I like. Can’t wait to see how this comes out. I’m very interested in how the finished product turns out! Keep us updated!

thanks!

current update is i’ve made a fair bit of money from selling off some of my throws, I’m about to buy a car within the next couple weeks, after that it’ll take about 5 or so weeks of part time work to earn up the money then that’s when I plan on making them, hopefully i’ll have two jobs by then to earn the money faster.

The prototype looks great. In regards to the CAD versions, I like the first one a bit better, it seems cleaner and also would be easier to do thumb grinds…