Disc golfers of yye thread

Have you ever found a champion edition?

Ya Valkyries and bosses and what not. Like I said lots of champ plastic. I found some cool michigan tournament discs too. My fav was a champ plastic buzz from I wanna say it was from a Grand Rapids tournament.

No no no, I’m not talking about regular champion plastic, I’m talking about champion edition, the precursor to it. Anyways, do you have any discs you could maybe send my way?

Ops, I’m sorry my post was confusing. Yes, I mean champ edition, I know what you are referring too. I only said lots of champ plastics after that meaning I found tons of those as well as champ edition. I personally don’t like champ plastic that much. But yes, champ edition, little star at the top with champ edition written on the disc.

I gave most of my discs to my nephews, and gave a ton of them away, and most are in my parents overgrown field at their house where I used to live, in my driving lane I mowed out. I bet if I went there and mowed it again, I would find tons of discs. I will look to see what they still have that I gave them, they never use them and I am sure I could send you some if there are any still left at their house or in my parents field. Probably will have to wait till summer tho, but if your still on the forums I would be glad too.

I should go swamping this summer and see what I can get, or what I have left. Would anyone ever consider trading throws for discs cuz I would totally get some weighers and go swamping to get more!

What do use to go swamping? Also, I may consider trading throws for discs depending on the value of both obviously.

I use garbage bags and duck tape. So redneck it works like a charm, however I have gone in just an old pair of shorts I threw out when I was done. It is super nasty but I grew up trudging around in swamps so it ain’t no thang for me.

P.S. I’ll tell ya what, since you were the first to ask, if I find a couple good ones I’ll hook you up with a driver, a putter, and a midrange for free :). After that tho, we will talk trades, if you want, you don’t have to…I know how hard it must be to part with a good yoyo.

(I wouldn’t mind some disks…)

Wow, I was talking trades, but ok. I throw wraiths, Valkyries, firebirds, teebirds, buzzzes, rocs, and aviars. I’m looking for buzzzes and Valkyries right now. I’m not fussy though. If it flies good, I throw it.

Let’s say I wanted to start disc golf, what gear would I need and what do I need to know?

Literally, if all your looking to do is get into the sport and you don’t have money to spend, get a good midrange to long distance driver and use it to putt, midrange, and long distance. Its not ideal, but it will be really all you need for a couple months because your throws are going to be bad off the batt. Its not like throwing a regular frisbee. My suggestion, play the courses soft, don’t over throw or throw too hard, and make your goal to keep every throw on the course.

Suggested discs IMHO: Surge ss, avenger ss all in flex plastic, or star wraith.
These discs new will run you about $15-20 bucks each, and like I said, I would pick one you like best, and just buy that one, it will keep you having fun all summer.

If you have more money to spend, and want to have a pretty much beginner starter set that is complete with your fairway/long distance driver, midrange player, and putter, but not other more high tech discs for sidearm specific throws or tomahawks and such (you will learn about those kinds of throws as you play)
Suggestions would be: Midrange - Buzz Flx $15 bucks new. Putter - Classic or Star plastic Aviar $15 bucks new.

Dang, now I wanna go discin…and mountain biking…and yo-yoing outside…ahhhh winter please leave RIGHT NOW!!! I have too much to do…

I know what sidearms and tomahawks are. I want to know what types of discs I’ll need for a set, nt necessarily specific product suggestions. I have money to blow so yeah. Would I be playing disc golf on regular golf courses?

I actually really like hammering, during PE, we have some 155 grams frisbees and stuff like that, so I’m not using average, generic frisbees.

Ultamate discs arent the same

Get a leapord
Its one of my favorite discs and its very forgiving with bad throws

It can also be used as an all around disc

Get an eagle, roc and aviar. Some of the best discs in the game, and also very beginner friendly

I think we have one of those…

Disc golf is played on disc golf courses, which can be found via google, or discgolfcoursereview.com. I also just go to parks sometimes to work on my form.

Scored a 61 on my typical course the other day (Cedar Hills). Par is 56, SSE 53.

I know i’m bumpin’ this thread but i had to say i set my first round record, and today i’m gonna finish that game and hopefully set my record…

I KILLED my record… SIX whole strokes off MY PREVIOUS RECORD :slight_smile: :smiley: ;D :o

No need to shout, or I’ll e-nice your disc. :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: if you don’t get it, think about how whenever someone says nice, it always seems to find the nearest tree…

that post deserves to be in the unrelated discussion of the unrelated discussion… you should have sais “you used to stink!” lol