Yoyofficer Brave Review

http://youtu.be/6SKWyO6Bujg

Video Above!

Diameter: 56 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 44.75 mm / 1.76 inches
Gap Width: 4.50 mm / .17 inches
Weight: 66.4 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: 19mm Silicone Slim Pad

*Specs taken from Yoyoexpert

I’ve been eying Yoyofficer for quite a while now and I finally decided to get one for myself. I was completely aware that the YYO Hatchet is the “upgraded” Brave; however, the shape did not appeal to me as much as the Brave’s.

First Impressions: This throw is absolutely stunning. I thought the colorways images that were cool, but Yoyofficer really does an amazing job with these colors. Spinning or stable, it’s a sight to make you say “WOW!” Regarding the box, it’s pretty neat. It’s a new take on an old trick, plus it comes with an extra stock bearing, a set of pads, a sticker, and a button. Yoyofficer really sets you up with one of their throws and then some.

Feel: I’ve heard some great things about YYO from my fellow throwers; however, one thing stuck out to me. Although YYO is a Chinese yo-yo company, it does not have that “generic Chinese” feel to it. If you are looking and feeling around for it, you will find it, but on the string and in play? Forget about it. This throw is extremely comfortable in the hand and ready to tackle on any player.

Play: This throw is made for smoothie players. As shown in the video above, this throw isn’t made to go fast. Your best bet is go work on fluidity and float. And boy is this throw FLOATY. I personally do not play horizontal or do palm grinds; however, when I attempted them, they did not go very well. This throw is made to stay side/front style (which is completely how I play).

Overall: Yoyofficer’s Brave is a great relaxing and fun throw. Although its speed is lacking, it is a great throw to assist you reach that “Charles Haycock Smoothness.” The Brave is comfortable in the hand, looks great, and fits my style like a glove.

Personally, I give this throw a 9/10 because I tend to stay side/front style.

If you are a horizontal or fast player, I would recommend the eager or the hatchet.

Good and thorough review. That’s a cool colorway you chose too by the way.