How to get over "Dinging a Yoyo"

Best way to get over them is to powder coat it.

Slight correction… Powder coating might be ‘a’ best possible solution, if you like powder coated yoyos.

Some folks don’t care for powder coated yoyos. Or polished yoyos for that matter.

Since you refinish yoyos for money, your suggestion might be considered to have a slight ‘tilt’, in regards to it being the idea solution for ding eradication.

Just sayin

PS I would say, without hesitation, that if I ever decided to have a Yoyo powder coated, you would be the man to see.

1 Like

Simple buy stuff you can actually afford. If you can afford it you won’t care if it is broken. If you can’t you will care. Simple as that. Ever see someone buy a farrari and baby it, then some other guy buy one and wreck it on the track every week, use it as his daily driver and generally just use it as a car? Yeah the second guy can actually afford the car the first can’t.
Same go’s with yoyos. If you pay 400 bucks for a yoyo and just use it then you could afford it. If you are scared to mess it up, it was too costly of a yoyo for you. Not saying you didn’t have the disposable income. What I am saying is that yoyo is beyond your threshold of cost too use. If you truly could afford the 400$ you would both use it and not care what happened too it because 400 bucks isn’t going to amount to crap too you. On the flip side there are the collectors. What they do with yoyos is not something I would add to this topic since this topic is about yoyos someone plays not yoyos someone got for show.

I wouldn’t just wreck something, or be less careful about wrecking something, just because I can afford to buy another one! That would be a waste. I didn’t get to the point in my life where I can afford a $400 yoyo by carelessly using and replacing everything I could “afford” up until now.

The Ferrari guy that trashes his car at the track can MORE than afford it. He can afford to trash it because he has more money than a reasonable person needs… Even with his expensive tastes.

I would disagree, because the people doing the coating will be me or you, and it’s a pain lol Also, every now and then, we get a ding that’s too deep to remove or cover.

NEEEEEVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRR

My solution to a ding/scratch etc. is to throw harder.

Never said purposely trash it. But just use it, and not worry about what happens to it.

The parents of one of my students, bought him a soccer ball and wont let him use it on anything other than perfect lawn. They don’t want it to get dirty. Sounds similar to the way some of us treat yoyos. What ya think Schnayke? :wink:

1 Like

buy another one of the same yoyo

My first good yoyo was the Dark Magic II. I loved it for a really long time, but I ended up stupidly doing walk the dog on concrete XD Luckily it didn’t damage it too much and I was able to get a new yoyo soon.

Yoyos are toys.
Play with them.
Dings are merely showing the love on the throw.
Less worrying, more play.

1 Like

That’s one of the reasons I love my doubles.

Off the top, in a zone. I’ll call this, “Yo-yo Damage Freestyle.”

If it has a ding, then…I don’t want the thing,
Or those nicks and things, caused by your wedding rings,
As soon as it’s flawed, I’m thinking “Oh my God.”
I take it kinda hard, worse ding I ever saw.
I don’t like those nicks, scratches, pin pricks or flat spots,
A new yo-yo …it feels just like I hit the jack pot.
Play them, ding them, not quite what I expect,
So the mint ones, I keep them, and give away the rest.
Cause a ding on a yo-yo, don‘t want it…can’t stand it,
Don’t know how to manage with that ugly yo-yo damage,
I exaggerate a little, and maybe you’ll believe it,
And even if you don’t haha…I made you read this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dings don’t really bother me too much some bother me more than others. But like most people as soon as you dink it thats when you feel the worst about it and then you get over it after that.

I just picked up my sOMETHING Angle only to find it covered in dings. :’(

I haven’t the slightest idea why ???

Sleep Dinging ;D

Do you have siblings? That or your mom dropped it when she was dusting or something.

Amazing as always TA

Too true and amazingly put.
Personally I have had times when I forget that yoyos are toys to be played with and take them way too seriously. I find yoyoing is a good stress reliever and everything gets sort of out of whack when I start stressing about my stress reliever.

Somehow I must read this as rap for some reason XD

whispers it is a rap

1 Like