Is Takeshi still on YoYoJam?

Anyone know anything yet? haha.
Sorry to bump, but I am Curious!

I don’t think he is in yyj anymore.

anyone have official news?

There was a big announcement about John leaving I would have assumed for someone with a handful of world titles there would have been an announcement of sorts too so my guess is no but really who knows.

I really hope He didn’t. If he ever jumped ship to Duncan, the whole 5A scene would change. But a few less lawsuits

In what sense? He’d just be winning loads of world titles wearing a different tshirt… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, his main shift was from 5A to 1A(and I also heard his 3A is excelent)

There would be a lot more Duncan throws that are higher quality built for 5A. I don’t see him playing a freehand and there would be less yoyojam 5A throws now that they lost their main competitor, so Duncan would be even higher in the ranks of 5A king. I know there is the Barracuda, but I found its not the best for 5A. But that’s my opinion.

Well… he has won both 3A and 5A at Japan Nats 2010 and has placed in the Top 4 of 1A at Japan Nats twice so far, so he is pretty excellent at the 3 styles.

Can someone link me to the announcement about John? I figured he left but I never heard why.

Edit: found it

At 07 worlds he played with a freehand zero :wink:

1 Like

Heeey… I mean recent?

Takeshi stomping the merciless crap out of the 5A division for YoYoJam didn’t change it in the slightest, why exactly would him doing it for Duncan change anything?

Realistically, nothing is going to change Duncan’s stance on anything other than bottom line. If there is suddenly a lot of money to be made in pushing counterweight play then they’ll do it. Until then, they are going to focus on their Disney partnership and putting more <$10 on shelves because that is the smart move for their business.

Takeshi being a multi-time World Champion didn’t do much for YoYoJam’s sales of counterweight yoyos, and I promise you it wouldn’t do anything for Duncan’s, either. The division is all but dead, and one player isn’t going to change that anytime soon. (Although to be fair, 2A, 3A, and 4A are also pretty much dead.)

1 Like

Why does it really matter who sponsors a guy and why does anyone care if a guy moves from one sponsor to the next? C’mon kids, it’s not the second coming… :wink:

Well, I can’t argue with that :wink:

1 Like

Well takeshi got a new signature yoyo by Turning point So I guess he really did leave

Well that looks sexy

Why does it really matter if the ‘kids’ want to keep up on yoyo related news? Why are we here in the first place?

I don’t think it’s fair to say that 5a or any other division is dead. Just because 1a the largest by a lot does not mean that everything else is dead. There is plenty of innovation in all 5 divisions, some at faster/slower rates than others. If I were to call any division dead, it would be 2a, because very few people learn it anymore. Even then, it isn’t dead, it is just small; isn’t yoyoing itself small to begin with.

Can’t deny the master.