After about 2 months of experimenting, I finally have a string making process that produces a quality string. I tweaked thread brands, twisting tension, number of twists... all the variables I could think of! The result is a soft, firm, bouncy string that whips and slacks well!
I had trouble with the strings holding tension well, but being too rough. Then soft, but too hard to whip and would snag on binds. It was a frustrating process. At first I wasn't trying different threads much because I thought they would pretty much be the same... I could not have been more wrong! Once I found the right thread, the results of changes in the process were more meaningful and everything worked itself out.
So, I just got my shipment of 500+ strings in the mail in the pic below!
Soon I'll be doing some color matching with my throws and see how that goes. I think a string that matches your colorway would be pretty slick!