--- Fluid Print Dynamics --- (Official)

These sound awesome I need to see a pic eventually of the final product with the sound of the price.

I am ready to make my purchase. Colour does not matter.

You my friend… are a King among men.

I will be buying one or more, no question. :slight_smile:

My heart swelled seeing this, wooooooooo!

Check out our website!

All the Pre-orders are sold out on first day… but in a few weeks we will have 10 more for sale.

Cheers,

Looks amazing!

Thanks for the first 10 people who made purchases! Shipping these out this week.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10264543_239903302865117_8910199438391976464_n.jpg

So excited to get mine!

You should post pictures of the face with the side effects :smiley:

Wow, can’t believe I missed this. Any news on the next run? I definitely want to get my hands on one.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1521959_239929669529147_7074254992178819457_n.jpg

Because of the design, the side effects are pressed in very tight. Which means its not recommended to switch em out. But we chose the domes because they provided the best feel and spin long for matador tricks!

Cheers

1 Like

If you can’t switch out the SE’s, wouldn’t it be simpler more cost effective to just use spacers or something similar?

Yea that’s kinda the point of having a side effect enabled Yoyo, defeats the purpose IMO.

I can dig it. It’s just an axle system that is probably easy to design for. I made an SE-enabled fixed axle yoyo once… the SE was easier to find and implement than the alternatives (nuts and axles, mainly).

With the SE, the mechanic of the subtle “wedge” shape is what allows enough friction to tighten them up as much as you could want. With other systems, the spacer/nut/holder needs to “bite” into the yoyo itself in order to tighten. I don’t know how durable the printed material is, but I suspect that over time, a nut or threaded insert would wear out the yoyo halves.

I don’t know much, and I could be wrong… but it seems like it could have been an engineering decision, not a “features” decision.

Man, I would really like to get one of these on the next release you do. If there’s a list somewhere, can I please be put on it? I can’t believe I missed the first run of these great and unique throws!

I am so happy to be one of the first 10. I can hardly wait till it arrives.

Hmm my original thoughts too. Using a spacer system would be better I agree. But it was either side effects or yoyofactory spacers!

We all know how those spacers are…

I love the look of the side effects anyway!

Cheers.

That’s exactly how I feel.

All Orders finally shipped! Apologies for the delay.

We have one white one left… if anyone wants it PM me.

We will be moving to a new design without side effects. Because the ones we made with side effects are not removable, I think we will have better luck with a spacer and nut design.

I also came across a denser plastic… :o

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am looking forward to receiving the Kayto 1. Thanks for letting us know about the shipping.

Question? how will the denser plastic effect play compared to the original?

I’d love to see one in PLA, if your printer supports it. It’s cheaper, has shorter layers (higher resolution printing), is easier to work with, and doesn’t warp as much. Its also a bit heavier, so you can ease up on your rims.

1 Like