What are you throwing today?

That Rave…It’s a fave! (Oh man, let’s not start the rhyme stuff here :slight_smile: )

Yea I’m throwing that as well as my Pulsefire, Pun and Quash.

Majesty! I forgot how awesome they are!

My new schneider mk-II :). This thing is amazing!!!

Pulsefire SS, and then a bit of Rave. Both amazing throws!

How do they compare to each other?

Too Hot

http://i.imgur.com/6DkMwet.jpg
just got these babies in. Played with each some. Gonna give the next three days special treatment to just these throws one day at a time.

Mostly YYF Cypher

Flying Camel No Jive!

Ohhh, you lucky…

Rave and Axis Pulsefire SS, and for fun, One Drop Dingo

then what reason are you throwing the rave and pulsefire?

I switch back and forth between the 2 as they’re both great throws and are my current top/elite throws.

For boredom, duh :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re in a similar wheelhouse: long-spinning, stable, but lightweight. The feel in hand and during tricks is a bit different, though. As you can imagine from pictures, the Pulsefire seems to have a bit more “ease” manoevering through string formations. The straighter angles make it feel like you can get it into tight spaces.

Did I mention they’re both stable? Like… nutty stable. I didn’t own a Draupnir, but as I recall from time spent playing one, it’s that kind of category for both the Pulsefire and the Rave. I would give a SLIGHT stability edge to the Rave (you can even see there’s more SS at the rims), but I mean… it’s kind of pointless to even compare because they’re both into that category of “way more stable than any human really needs”.

The Rave looks more comfy on the catch, and it surely fills out the palm a bit more, but you know what? In practice I find them both very comfortable to catch. I thought the Rave would have a hands-down victory in that department, but no. They’re both good. The slightly sharp “edges” just inside the cup for the Rave are the only thing that make it on the same level, though. With a bevel or something on the inside, I think the Rave would take it.

Ano-wise, the edge goes to the Rave in red/yellow/black over the Pulsefire’s orange acid on black. That’s totally opinion, though. The rave is a beauty especially when spinning. On the other hand, both my custom engraving and the retail Pulsefire engraving have the Pulsefire winning in the engraving department.

Both have “fine for fingerspins” hubs (flat), but I seem to do better with the Pulsefire. Not sure why. I can’t horizontal for beans, but I think either of them would be great for horizontal players.

They’re both amazing. Get either. Or both. If you get both, understand that they don’t play radically different from one another. But both play at the level of $200+ bi-metals, there’s that. If I lost either of them tomorrow, I would buy replacements.

1 Like

Down Beat

Magic yoyos n9

that was the response I was looking for.

Space Cowboy