frozen

I spotted that but only because I’d seen Tangled a few days before going to see Frozen. By the way, did anybody else catch the Arrested Development references?

Yuki

Ehh I didn’t like it. I liked tangled and spotted both tangled references the one time I watched it. I liked tangled, but this was too girly and singy…

To each his own. The sing songiness of it all was what I liked. Reminded me of the old school Disney musical movies.

Yuki

Yeah, except this music was beautiful. I know it seems like a “girls” word, but that’s the only way I can describe it. :smiley:

Girls and foodies :wink: I think touching sums it up quite nicely.

Yuki

Yea the music was good. better than most disney movies IMO

Speaking of music, I thought i was over Frozen, and then i found a certain song…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkz_0V_Pxs0

and theres a reprise to go with it, but you can find it on YT

Yep, the outtakes. I thought I heard all the songs too, then I stumble across all the outtakes on the album.

Random Frozen songs are slowly showing up with my fast tempo throw friendly stuff

Now to look for other outtake songs…

More than just a spare…

https://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/how-these-singers-around-the-globe-pushed--frozen--over-the-top-063739448.html

Anyone seen this? I think it’s pretty cool to see the voices behind the song(s) and find out about how it was made.

I enjoyed it. A bit overrated, though. And I truly don’t understand the scope of time… the whole story happens over how many days? It seems like 2, maybe 3.

I assume your not counting “Do You Want To Build A Snowman?” or before.

Right right. I worded that totally poorly. I meant from coronation day until the climax of the film.

Kids love it, it’s a good one.

Renting it in 3D today!

Cool

A little off topic, but I’m starting to notice parallels in Disney songs. Someone mentioned Fixer Upper being a like a Guy Like You from the Hunchback of Notre Dame because they are both songs about how two people are supposedly perfect for each other at a bad moment (Paris burning, Ana’s heart freezing). I started listening to Out There from the Hunchback today because, well I have Spotify so why not, and I noticed that it’s a lot like Mother Knows Best from Tangled. Just for obvious reasons with the don’t go outside or you’ll regret it, I’m saving you thing going on.

Now back on topic…

Don’t worry Greg, I would have said something no matter how you worded it.  :wink:
I kind of felt like this was one of those situations where everything has been building up over time and Ana announcing her engagement to someone she just met at her sister’s coronation just managed to tip the scales.

Originally there was supposed to be a prophesy. I’m really glad that they did away with that and did it they way they did, but it’s cool to see the behind the scenes stuff.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/29/updated-synopsis-for-walt-disneys-frozen-reveals-new-characters-and-plot-twists/

Dreamer, but that’s still not the part that confuses me.

From the moment Elsa runs from the castle to the moment Ana steps in front of her… how many days have elapsed?

Anyhow, watched it again with my son. It’s an enjoyable film. :wink:

Good point. I never really thought about it that. So when you put it like that now I’m starting to wonder too.