Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion

This is what I think of when I here Super Smash Bros.
Plus the legendary Wombo combo and Jensen Kimmitt.

omg I don’t have a Wii U, but they’re coming out with a gamecube controller adapter for it along with the release of ssb4! also, in video, it looks like nintendo may start producing gamecube controllers again! thank god nintendo is paying attention to the competitive scene. anyone excited for the ssb4 invitationals? I’m rooting for PewPewU and Ken!

So, who watched the Invitational?

I’ve been playing a lot of Project M lately. I can’t believe how bad Bowser was nerfed in Brawl. I win all the time with him in M but he’s so weak in Brawl that it’s laughable.

Thanks I knew there was not an episode to KDJ so glad you posted this haha

If you can get L canceling down with bowser, he is so good in pm. He looks good in 4 also.

Gosh, I was sick for a week and I couldn’t play much for a couple days, and I just watched tourney for hours upon hours. I was sad when captain falcon was defeated by Kirby

Anyone get a chance to try Smash 4 at the Best Buy events? What are your initial thoughts?

My initial thoughts are it’s a much better version of brawl. It has a much competitive nature than brawl, it’s faster and no tripping things like that. But there aren’t some of the more competitive parts of melee, al la dash dancing, wave dashing, and such. It’s possibly that there are still aspects of it that will lead to the depth melee had, but we haven’t even gotten close enough to the surface to even consider thinking we’ve scratched the surface. It’s too early to really tell.

TL: DR version

Better than brawl, but doesn’t have the same depth melee has. But still too early to really tell.

1 Like

MLG HYPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPE!!!

Wife and Prog for best commentators :smiley:

I got myself out to smash@xanadu last night. I had to leave early but I had a blast. Definitely done with DDD though, he’s fun but easy to punish. Maybe I’ll try again with him in Smash 4.

I’m so jealous!!! I want to go to that once in my life!!!

I’m planning on going next week as well 8) maybe I won’t get last this time.

LOLOLOL the best way to get better is to play the best.

I’m just going to leave this here for you guys, Ken and Isai = gods? http://giant.gfycat.com/UnknownMindlessAlbacoretuna.webm

I’ve never played melee but My main is meta knight and other favorites are kirby, olimar, marth, and toon link

So, who bought Sm4sh?

I got the 3ds version. FC is 1161-0842-8883 for anyone who wants to get rekt. I’m getting the wii u version in a couple weeks.

If anyone here plays competitive Project M or Melee, Here’s my last match at a tourney. Any tips? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQHJxkHczI