Hand turned yoyo: HTYY#0.44 (reply #186)

Many thanks for all the positive comments/advice so far…

abby1371,
Yes, I have considered using side effects in my yoyo, but it was far far beyond my capability, even with my current tools and skill :'(. It is very difficult to machine (manually) a yoyo hub to accept side effects (but it is not impossible as jon walker has done it on his first hand made titanium yoyo). Instead of making use SE, I have adopted the idea (EX-System by YoyoJoker, to be exact) and made my own HT SwapBody:
Hand turned yoyo: HTYY#0.44 (reply #186) - #45 by ckron - Yo-Yo Mods and Maintenance - YoYoExpert Forums (reply #58)
Thanks for the suggestion.

RyN,
Thanks for the compliment.
I have tried making an organic shaped yoyo (FHZ is one of my favorites, I really like to made a delrin version of FHZ), but it was not good. It is not a true organic shape, but I would describe it as “stepped” organic shape :P. Here’s some pictures:

It was one of my earlier projects when I was exploring and developing my lathe skills. Even so, sadly, I still can’t do it right with my current capability. I may try to make one when the time is right.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I have been playing with my minilathe for about 10 months now, and I have made 20+ yoyos (including a looper) out of delrin blocks. I think I have tried to materialize most, if not all, the idea that I have before acquiring this little machine. Having done all these so far, my focus now is to produce a simple yoyo that is comfortable and fun to play with. A simple design will also means easy machining and less human error. Hopefully I can show you all the outcome soon.

Thanks again,
ck