Benchmark Series 2013

I much prefer it actually. The 54 was a tad too light. And even with additional weight with SE’s it just added center weight and did not do much to beef up the rims. This one has that weight already so u can taylor it a bit more. It played great with the spikes but the Ultra Lights are the way to go!!! Well at least for me!!! I am very impressed.

Wow, how were you able to get it already? It looks absolutely amazing with the purple ultralights. I can’t wait until I get mine as I got the exact same one as you did.

Thank you!! I live in the same town as YYE.

Is it floaty or solid?

With the spikes it is more on the solid side. The UL’s give it some float but nothing like the 54…

This is such a cool idea! I’m gonna have to see if I can get at least one. The O is really catching my eye at the moment.

There’s only a few organically left, but I’m sure OD will be making more shortly.

Anyone swap halves on different shaped Benchmarks for kicks? Maybe a half V half H? If it works, let me know how it goes.

Will these be released in Ayame colorways again? I got an H, but I want to complete the set.

Hello TA

I swapped an “H” & “V” sides just to see what was the outcome. I really have to say that it was uneventful at best. Felt very weird in my hand, but did not exhibit any artifacts from being unbalanced.

Are there plans to make more of these in different shapes. Such as a Z-shape or a bell shape?

Working on Benchmark 2014s right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to new shapes. I love my Benchmark V

z? Examples?

Will the Benchmark 2014 be out before Christmas?

That is the goal and it’s currently looking pretty good :slight_smile:

Cliff

Never heard it called a “Z” before. Although if I’m being honest, it’s a pretty useful designation!

Most people just say “H with an undercut” (or whatever the base shape is).

That’s what I called it for a long time. I didn’t hear it called a Z-shape until I went to Georgia States just last September. It was used a lot.

Silly southerners. :wink: Even the elves of the north call it an H with an undercut.