Un-knotting your axle bind knots.

$5.00 at your local drug store will buy you a package with two of these.
Look in the toothbrush section.

They work great.

Paperclip or unscrew it.

I use an envelope opener to cut my string and for getting knots out. It cost me 99 cents on eBay and is amazing

i have this very fine screwdriver and carefully insert it and it works like a dream

The Shutter is weird and allows you to get most axle knots out with your fingers. Otherwise I just use my Rhino tool.

i use a bobby pin because you can just pin that to your sleeve, shorts, pant, etc. hehe

These very small electrical zip ties are great and can be attached to almost anything.

the dental tool things are great for this…I found a few mini ones that go on a keychain in a two pack at a dollar store they are great! they were in cvs packaging though lol

The only tools I use are my hands! If I cannot get it out still then I just unscrew it. It does not take that long anyways.

Usually a pair of fine-pointed tweezers that I got in some sort of cheap toolkit years ago. If I’m not at home, I have a flathead screwdriver as part of a Gerber Curve mini-tool that works.

But every now and then you get this weird kind where the loop just sort of passes over the string and you can’t get purchase on the string to pull it out. Then it’s unscrew time.

Me too, but sometimes i have too unscrew the yoyo because the gap is too tight.

The zip ties can get under the odd looped knots from the opposing direction.

I use my yyf multi tool because the really thin part is a little longer on mine. But that is if I don’t just unscrew it…

I love using safety pins!

Usually just a bent up paperclip. If it is a loose knot and I can grab it with my fingers, then sometimes with them.

My brother threw away all my toothpicks before I got to try them, so I had to resort to using a skewer/shishkebab thing (however you spell it). It worked well. I’ve found that the plastic flosspicks that I used were too short and flimsy to make the job easy, and paperclip was too wide and tore up the string trying to get it into the knot. But in the paperclip’s case I was trying to get out a years old knot that had been played anyway on a fixed axle yoyo.

I just use a needle with the tip cut off. you can stick it in the foam of your case. Works great! My brother just goes to my case when he gets a knot. :stuck_out_tongue:

Toothpicks. They can’t scratch the metal, they’re cheap, and they’re small.

I usually just take the yoyo apart. For old-school non-opening yoyos I use a tool that I have in my tacklebox. It’s like a long thin pocket screwdriver with a pocket clip, but with a tiny hook on the end instead of a screwdriver blade. Tackle shops sell them for undoing snarls in baitcasting reels.

I find using a tool of any kind can fray the string. May times I just replace the string. It is faster, easier and the string is more dependable and I can get back to playing much faster.