Needs a compare feature for products

I like the idea myself.

1 Like

Open up two tabs and look at the specs? Not much to compare… Now a search feature where you could filter yoyos to chosen specs would be interesting.

2 Likes

that needs to happen.

I agree this would be helpful and cool it could list the pros and cons of each throw

1 Like

No that’s subjective and something better served by the forums or yoyo review sites rather than merchant pages imo.

1 Like

yea but say you have 2 yoyos that you have narrowed it down to instead of going on the forums 2 clicks boom it gives you its pros and cons , guitar center does this you can compare products

Thats a good Idea

But pros and cons of yoyos are entirely up to what the person desires in a yoyo… The YYE descriptions already do a pretty good job, not sure what more you’d want.

1 Like

What he said ^

Very few modern high-end yoyos are going to have any major “cons” and any that are will probably be very subjective. Some people say the Puffin has rubbish spin time, others say it has great spin time. Some people say that a certain yoyo is “floaty” and others say that it’s “solid”. Nobody can ever seem to agree which is why a lot of “yoyo .vs. yoyo” threads usually end up with equal votes for both parties.

A stats comparison might be useful, however like Nathan pointed out, it’s very easy just to open up two different tabs and switch between them, and I don’t think a tiny bit less inconvenience on our parts is worth a very busy Andre trying to impliment an entirely new feature onto the website.

it can still point out the major things going for it , it can list if the yoyo is floaty , stable big ,etc yeah it may be up to the user wether they like something more but it could definitely give you a idea of the yoyo other than what the description says

Those are all qualitative things, as in opinion, or judgement.

These 8 items are quantitative, or measurable, and not that difficult to just look at different pages to make a comparison:

1 Like

I do think a filter would be great; however, I also know that it’s not trivial development work. I don’t even know if the various store entries have the yoyo stats stored in a uniform database structure to create that sort of filter.

But it would be fun. “Give me all yoyos that are currently in stock, with a diameter between 55 and 77mm, and a weight no more than 66g”.

Could totally be useful.

1 Like

exactly.

Thats what I think

Yes :slight_smile:

How about one like YoyoNation used to have? I liked that. You could select yoyo’s and compare the different orthographic views, as well as specs and stuff.

Definitely in the works! :wink:

4 Likes

This is why I love small businesses.

Cool!

When I was picking out my first 4a, I made a spreadsheet to compare my options. On the top row I had the yoyos -I think a Bigyo, GoBig, Fiesta, Eiquenox, and ReExtreme- and on the left side I had categories for;

Diameter
Width
Weight
Material
Bearing
Shape (H,V,O,Straight, etc; not as useful for 4a, but useful for comparing 1a’s)
Response
Cost
Producer
Gimmick (hubstacks, side-effects, etc; I included this if I ever used the same thing for 1a’s)
Review excerpts

In the end, I went with the YYJ Go Big.
Even if it’s very simple, an automated system to compare these would be very useful.
Heck, if I lived in Easthampton I’d gladly come to YYE and spend a day collecting data about their yoyos to make a database.