2SickYoYos News Thread: 1/1 Queen Giveway!!! Details on Page 16

I know the splashes are sick and generally people’s preference… but I was seriously torn between the splash I got and the solids in black and the gold.

Surprised nobody has jumped hard on those yet!

So when will YYE make the Queen available?

It’s available right now. But only the 12th-man splash and the 3 solids are left.

Hey Greg, how are you liking yours?

Really enjoying my Gambit, considering picking one of these up. Because I definitely don’t have enough yo-yos already. :sweat_smile:

Do you guys plan on making more Gambits? They look amazing and I really wanna pick one up.
They look exactly my style lol.

Really like it. Incredibly stable without being overly heavy. The interesting thing about it is that although it’s light-ish, it’s extremely rim-weighted. Without that center/mid-weight feeling, it’s not “floaty”, it still feels like a “solid” player.

Ever since getting my Valor, I’ve had a deepening appreciation of solid yoyos, and this one hits the spot!

Plus, easiest finger grinds evar…

1 Like

I would call it a balance of light feeling and solid. It is light in weight which gives it the speed that is consistent with a lighter yoyo but the rim weight gives it the stability and spin power of a heftier yoyo. Its just like a Queen…nice to look at but when it comes down to business, its stronger than the rest.

What do you do when you’re out of chess pieces to name?

There are many many names to do. Not just limited to pieces.

That’s what I said the day I got it. I can’t put it down, I have looked at my other throws and since Monday this has been all I have thrown.

Hmmm… If I were in your shoes, I would have just erased the name “King” from the promotions, and the box. I would have just kept the crown symbol by itself, to be left up to interpretation. People would see the crown symbol and still referred to it as the King in conversation. No one can control conversation. The crown would be like that symbol for “The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.” Everyone still called him Prince, they knew who he was anyway, and knew what the symbol meant, but he refrained from using “Prince” in advertising and on his CDs. That would have been so neat. People would still see the crown and think, “The King!” :wink: Yo-yo, formerly known as King.

Everyone still calls it the king and to be honest I can’t help but call it that. It’s officially for sale as the queen so that’s what had to be done. Just simply putting a crown would make it a nameless yoyo which wouldn’t work but I understand your perspective completely.

Yeah, I’ll still call it The King. I have trouble letting go haha. I’m feeling the nameless/symbol idea. I might have to use that one in the future. :-\

Just difficult to market a nameless yoyo. How do you search for it on Google? What does the link look like on YYE? How do people even discuss it on the forums? If you release a yoyo that just has a crown symbol, the community will name it for you. Either “king” or “crown” or whatever. =P

It’s not hard at all, and again, it’s been done before. Part of the marketing is that it doesn’t have a name. It would be yet another promotional tool, to turn a negative into a positive. People will Google terms like “nameless yoyo,” “yoyo formerly known as king,” “2 Sick Yoyo” “Crown 2 Sick Yoyo” or whatever company name, and without a doubt threads, and reviews will pop up. As far as the store, people will obviously search under “2 Sick Yoyos” and get all 2 Sick Yoyos to pop up. When they do, they will see the crown and click on it. The same as looking under any other manufacturer. So, it’s not like it would be difficult at all. It would be fun to market around the name. No trademark can keep consumers like ourselves, the buying public, from discussing that yoyo no matter what we want to call it. If the community is naming it, but the yoyo manufacturer/company is not, there is no wrongdoing. For example, the rapper Notorious B.I.G. used that name because the name “Biggie Smalls” was taken. He put Notorious B.I.G. on his C.D.s, but how many people really called him that? Most people called him “Biggie” or “Biggie Smalls” in interviews or in conversation. Trademark is one thing, but people talking and discussing it is another matter altogether.

But, I’ll leave it at that, because they’ve already solved that issue. I don’t want to start a spin off on that topic. I just wanted to throw it out there. :wink: I like the idea, and it hasn’t been done before in yoyo that I know of, so that would have been a cool first. So, the Queen it is! Besides, I like that it’s female now. ;D

Hey all!

Been a little while since we last had an update for our fans. I have been chugging along with 2sickyoyos and many things will be coming soon!

A new 2nd run of Queens will be done soon and will feature some amazing color ways as you would expect from us. They will be available here at YoYoExpert and as time gets closer and more details are worked out I will continue to keep everyone updated!

Along with this Queen Run we will have prototypes for our 3rd design done as well. Will probably throw some teaser pics around and some protos may be able to be purchased directly if you want :slight_smile:

If you don’t you should follow us on Instagram at 2sickyoyos or Facebook.com/2sickyoyos! We will be updating a lot on those sites and on instagram we will be using it more often to post pictures of designs, color ways, or just cool artsy photos! So make sure to drop a like or share if you want to stay up to date.

We also have decided to start a company team and we have already found our first member! We will announce that as soon as everything is ready! So keep your eyes peeled to find out who that will be.

Happy throwing!

1 Like

^^^^Hey man, glad to here there will be another run of the Queen! I’vebeen meaning to aquire one but just hhaven’t had the funds for one. It’s nice to see that your still continuing with the company and about to produce a third prototype. Can’t wait to see how it looks and what the specs are! Keep up the amazing work dude!

Oh, and I do have me a 7075 gambit so at least I’m not too far behind. The gambit is by far the top throw I have and that I’ve thrown, hands down!

Here are a few colorways that are going to be released on the Second run of Queens! These will be restocked and available here at YYE soon…Save your pennies :slight_smile:

Queen Bee:

YoYoExpert:

Gecko:

'Murica:

There are more pictured over on our facebook page!

Also Follow us on Instagram @2sickyoyos !

What do you think of our new colorways and If you plan on picking one up, which do you have your eye set on?

those look awesome!!!

I’m really liking the 'Murica. Plus then I will own a King and a Queen lol :wink: