Massive Werrd Contest

I just found it annoying having my trick stolen and taken credit for in a contest. Now I guess Im gonna enter a different trick.

Ok, you’re right. That IS unfair.

Logi, use original tricks…

1 Like

Sorry guys… I was just doing my(well, your) best trick… I have asked them to take it out of the contest… Does this mean I can’t do it in my routine?

You can’t copyright a trick or prevent others from doing it. Tricks should be shared and loved by all. :wink:

That said, I can see why he would want to reserve the right to submit his own trick as one of his bangers. You see the contest, get psyched with “Oh, I have a trick I made up that would be perfect!” and then see that someone else has already entered it. That’s all it is. I don’t think the rules specify that it must be a trick of your own creation, though; if he wasn’t entering the contest it probably never would have been an issue.

I can’t see how anyone (even the trick’s creator) could prevent you from using it in a competition any more than someone could stop you from using Spirit Bomb if you felt that Spirit Bomb belonged in your routine!

I don’t think you were obligated to have it removed. The better person’s execution would still win it out. :wink: However, I do think that it was a very nice and diplomatic gesture. And that’s got a value all its own. Nice job, Logi.

2 Likes

My entry

Wrong link woops…

Feel free to use the trick in any way you want, just in this contest I was going to enter it. You can keep it in the running, I have other bangers that I can do. I just didn’t like the idea that you took credit for my trick. Thanks for your time.

No, go ahead and enter it, I was not really trying to say “HEY! Check out this awesome trick I invented!” I was just going off my trick vocabulary. I don’t want to take credit for your trick, and if I won with it, after reading these post, I would feel really bad. And I just got a star to 3D Eli hop to Brent stole on video.

Woot

Loving these entries! Make sure to email them through to andrew [at] werrd.com so that they count. Also, props for sorting out the trick ownership thing. I’m glad you guys can play nice together :wink:

Quick question - do you draw the lucky draw out of the videos or the people who submitted?

What I’m trying to ask is, if you entered more times, would your likelyhood of winning the draw increase?

The lucky draw will be based on the people who submitted, so there’s no benefit to submitting more times when it comes to the lucky draw.

But if you have more Bangers then its best to enter them so you have more chances of winning the banger trick divisions. Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll keep an eye out for it. I know the drill on how to enter though, I entered the last contest you held :wink:

Thanks for entering last time and this time. The tricks people are putting in are really good.

That 5 finger suicide was AWESOME!!!

Thats What makes me wanna quit but ill give it a try anyways like you said i got nothing to lose ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile: :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

oh and is i just a 1A contest or can you do 4A?

The 5 finger suicide was from last years contest. Sora won with that since its pretty much impossible to do. It took him 3 days of filming to land it. I saw him hit 4 fingers in person at Japan Nats this year which was awesome, but he couldn’t hit 5 again.

The contest is open to any style, not just 1A.

Any idea when we’ll get the winners?

Hey, I forgot about this. Lol.