The Fixed Axle Megathread of Awesomeness

You can also use slick 8

version 3.0 - yep. 5 minutes. evidently i yo-yo a lot seeing as this is just from the last couple months. i feel like some of it is pretty rad though. a few werrds in there, but everything else is fixed axle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJBb-g1SY-E[

Just popped out a video that is 75% Onedrop Valor, but there’s also a couple combos on a Duncan Butterfly and Imperial, as well as my TMBR Turner. Minimal tearing.

Rejection to green triangle and rejection to fake GT.

1 Like

So I posted photos of my newest fixed axle series on the OUT facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/voodama.doll) and I had a follower message me asking if it would be possible to  achieve a finger spin on them since there is a little hub space; I jokingly said that after seeing what Ed Haponik can do with a fixed axle, I wouldn’t rule anything out.
So, what do you guys think? I’m sure alot of you have attempted horizontal play on a fixed axle, but what was your success of performing anything worthy of calling a trick? I’d love to see some vids of horizontal fixie tricks  :smiley:

lol. i’ve done a lot of sideways/horizontal/off-plane stuff (mainly just ufo recapture stuff), but nothing i can think of using the hubs. mainly i guess because no fixed axle i’ve ever used has had recessed hubs… closest i’ve come to something like that would be the coin flip trick at 2:20 here.

2 Likes

Necro! I’m excited to finally have something to share here.  :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jrod, that was amazing! So damn good. I’m terrified to see what your fixie game will be like after a year!!

This thread has a lot of good videos.
By the way, does anyone know if there will be a Fixed Axle February 2015?

how have i not seen this thread before !!?!

This is awesome! I learned to do it today. It is really fun to do a kwijibo then finish with the GT.

1 Like

No posts since 2015? Tsk! Y’all can do better than that!

3 Likes

Agree, this thread needs a bump to the top.

2 Likes

I support your bump

3 Likes

love this pic @AKYOYOMIKE :grin::wink:

2 Likes

This is my wooden progress so far not the amazing 5A beesting @EOS44 iis throwingn, truly beautiful!
But im pleased for now.

3 Likes

Sick.

1 Like

Woke up with a list of stuff to FIX around the house.

6 Likes

Just reintroduced myself to the yoyo this month after a long hiatus — perusing these forums makes me feel like Rip Van Encino Man. Yinz with your fancy fixed axle play (as well as all of the rest of the As) are leaving me :exploding_head: x :infinity:. Right now I am just chuffed to bits that I finally am almost able to do Trapeze 1/2 the time on purpose with this new fancy new throw:

What else have yinz been brewing up in 0A land?? Surely the pandemic has led to some additional killer moves?

Stay safe, everybody, and keep posting!

5 Likes

One of my favorite threads that you bumped, lots of good stuff in this one. You may also fine some more 0A in this one as well;

3 Likes