What trick are you working on?

Well pre-registration for GA States started up and I want to actually prepare this time ;D

1 Like

Yeah that trick took me ages to get down well. Still having a bit of trouble every now and then.

My second chopsticks combo.

I made one called pacific GT. You can also do some hops from it. I will post a video

A bunch of 5a basics.

1 Like

Boy Scout Slack.

primarily, double or nothing; working to get it consistent. i often land on the front two strings instead of just the front string. also started on mach 5 today; i can do it but needs to be smoother with not hesitations. but - enjoying every second of it.

gw

Right on man! In time, you will just naturally put the first turn of the double-or-nothing close to your first knuckle and the second one out towards your fingertip. That gives you tonnes of extra space.

1 Like

Haha I’m working on my double or nothing and I just noticed this after about 50 tries.

Cold Fusion and Iron Whip.

I never really noticed where the string impacts my finger. I just feel where that outside string is located and place the yoyo right on top.

I was hoping for the same with the 1.5 mount. That second string gets in the way all the time.

Not sure which second string can get in the way during a 1.5? The very act of curling in your other fingers and extending your forefinger leaves everything wide open.

1 Like

Yep, that would be why.

Gonna take a break from cold fusion (I can do it, but it always dies before I can get it back to my hand).
Determined to get iron whip and suicide before my parents pick me up for summer break on the first (which reminds me, since it’s the last week of classes and finals start next week I should really be studying right now…)

1 Like

If Iron Whip is getting you down, move directly to Jade Whip. It looks better, is more useful in combos, and is easier.

Thanks for the tip! I haven’t tried iron whip all that much though, it’s cold fusion that’s getting me down. I figure I’ll come back to it later and it’ll have magically worked itself out, kinda like boing-e-boing.

i started the plastic whip tonight. that is such a cool trick. i can get it in about one in 7 tries. i don’t think this will take long to get consistently.

gw

I worked on that one for a couple of days until I figured out that I was doing it wrong. It’s funny how changing one thing makes you go from 10% to suddenly 90% completion rate.

For me, I usually watch several videos & then scour the forums for tips.

anyone else having trouble with sticky caramel rolls?

Ive been trying it since the tut went up but I just cant get that little zipper-like move when my NTH index is pointing inwards.
well I can kinda get it but I end up doing it in a couple of hops and feels like im having a little jerky spasm instead of the simple little single smooth motion it should be.

Anything 5a that I can think of.
Although, after getting hit in the face twice with the counterweight I’m starting to think front style 5a isn’t the best idea…

Windmills and 720s are my enemies right now.