What trick are you working on?

yep. assuming your right handed, a little counter clockwise motion with your throw hand during the toss really helps keep the loop open.

Magic drop and kamikaze

1 Like

Tessa Piccolo’s rare candy

Thanks! I’m trying to figure out how to get more consistency. Sometimes the loop is perfect and other times it’s closed. The yoyo seems to travel a consistent arc and speed so maybe this is what I’m looking for :sunglasses:

Ill graze over the obvious first, make sure your tension is good. After that, sometimes putting in 2 fingers into the loop before the toss can help spread the loop open before and allow to stay wider during its risky travel.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve been focused on the “obvious” for a while. I have moved beyond the “starfish” catch and am working on a single pointer finger. Sometimes I catch it on my thumb when I “near miss” it. I have been noticing that if I let my TH drift around the yoyo in a CCW motion it seems to help, but I still haven’t gotten the consistency I crave.

eh, i dont think many players at all have the kind of consistency we crave. We look good on video, but IRL i think its not so pretty. So fear not! Ive been ironing out a special double suicide for the next Battle of the Elders. Gotta be on point by that time! haha

Oh Jeez, when is that coming up?
I’ll never be ready.

sometime in Nov, i think, if its gonna happen again, that is.

So I’ve been rethinking my approach and instead of seeing the yoyo go around my TH, I’m seeing the TH go around the yoyo (hard to describe). Less rocking of the yoyo (in the get/ready sense) and suddenly the loop is almost always open and I’m hitting about 4 out of 5 now. Does that make sense? :thinking:

Still working on the blind lunar from a right side sidewinder. However, I’m hitting it about 20% of the time :grin:

I just recently had the same epiphany with branding.

Some random combo that ends in an iso triangle

Takeshi Matsurra’s slack triangle

That trick is a lot of fun. Which part are you learning?

I can pop the slack and swing it. But getting to the crossed over trapeze & brother mount from the slack. That’s killing me.

Really been getting into wrist mount based tricks as I’ve learned multiple ways of getting in, out, and back in them, as well as neat finishers/dismounts.

This is one I began developing this afternoon.

I am currently not happy with what’s going on mid trick. While it’s fun to swing the yoyo around, it doesn’t really have a purpose. In process of doing a few other moves before I dismount the wrist mount into that tower-like thing.

That trick looks great. I always sucked at wrist mount tricks. Any chance you would do a tut for it when you get it to the level you consider finished. This would be a great addition to my wm repertoir.

I’m working on the trick ladder for GSYYC: http://georgiayoyocontest.com/rulestricks.html

I need to get Hook, Suicides, Kamikaze, and Black Hops.

See you there

1 Like