Yomega Maverick review

First off i am doing this review on the Yomega Maverick without the “c” bearing. the all black one with barbed wire prints on the outside and skulls and the name on the inside.
This yoyo is amazing. By far the smoothest and best yoyo ive ever held. it is very responsive right away out of the box and looses its responsiveness over time. The yoyo feels heavy as it is alluminum but a smaller size. It is recomended you switch to Poly string right away as it is way more durable, and it plays the best. Sleep time for this yoyo i have found to be about a good 40 seconds on a strong throw. very good for this yoyo and its price. it will preform just about any trick yo want in the 1a class. once you lube the yoyo up and it becomes more unresponsive it will sleep even longer and prefor string tricks and grinds very well. i have found i am able to do tricks ranging from rock the baby, to mach 5, to rewind, and to matrix. It goes even higher! i love this yoyo! it feels so smooth plays so smooth and feels great in your hand. i have found learning grinds on this yoyo feels great too. i can get a solid thumb grind up to about 6 seconds now. the bearing is an awkward size but plays amazing and can always be replaced on yomega.com. All in all. this yoyo is eelent. it is above all the other yomega yoyos…Ooch, dash, so on and competes well with yoyojam dv88 and even dark magic. This yoyo is up there and deserves a try from all yoyoers.

1 Like

i have to differ with you on the fact that it is not that smooth and i do not believe that you thumbgrinded for 6 seconds on that throw maybe 2 on a really solid throw so unless you post a video i cant really believe that it will grind that long

The fact is that this is one of the stupidest comments I have ever heard. Have you even played a Maverick? Probably not. This seems like random Yomega hate. He wrote the review, he should know how it plays. Do you have any proof that you can’t get it to grind for more than 2 seconds?

actually yes i owned a maverick for a while before i sold it and yomega just so happens to be one of my favorit companys so calm down before you get your panties in a knot

1 Like

Calm down guys. Ill get you a vid of a solid thumb grind soon…dont worry

1 Like

I’d like to do my on, if thats alright. 8)
First of all, I’ve been yoyoing for bout 4 years, but never got deep into it. so I only had a ja-ru from dollar store, wooden one, and a duncan butterfly. ;D :smiley: Of course none had bearings. I recently am seeing how amazing the sport of Yo-yo is. I’ve bought this yoyo (Yomega Maverick) as my first pro yoyo after learning trapeze and other intermediate tricks. So, to start off this is a great yoyo. It sleeps for a minute and a half, spins very smoothly, and is heavy. makeing it able to do cool tricks without spinning out. the string it came with is crapis cotton i believe, so i recommend puting a string more suitable for string tricks because of its weight. It has a good C type bearing, but is not interchangeable. So, overall i give it 8.5/10

hope this helped!!!

Ive read that the bearing is interchangable. I was gonna order the difeyo concave bearing this coming up week.

yo man, watch the language, this is a family friendly forum.

I don’t know about you guys but, I have 4 Mavericks. I love each of them and they were all I had for a while that was an Aluminum due to the fact that I was only buying Yo-Yo’s offline. With the Dif-E-Yo I am getting mine to spin upwards of 4 mins. It’s a shame that bearing ISN’T retail because it would introduce a lot of people to more advanced play that don’t do Yo-Yo buying online. It’s a shame that the most advanced thing you can find locally are a Metal Drifter and a Maverick.

Anyway, YES to the guy above who said they wanted to get a Dif-E-Yo for your Maverick. It is WELL worth it! Completely different rig with a Dif-E-Yo bearing in it.

I’m just getting back into the yoyo after 15 years… I picked the maverick up about a week ago. What are some things that can be done to make this perform better. I’ve got poly strings and lubed the bearing. Any other suggestions?