List of All Titaniums

I ordered one as well, I somehow get the feeling it’s going to feel like a Titanium version of the Lazer.

Either way, can’t wait to give it a throw.
We’ll have to share thoughts afterwords.

The difference for me, is that I haven’t owned a lot of YYR. So, I’m limited in the ability to compare the Dazzler to their other models. I only own the Triplet and Overdrive, so I just started buying the brand recently.

I’m dedicated to the titanium collecting now, but I’m being patient about it. I discussed buying a few titaniums I don’t have from a few people (Ti5/TiWalker). I’m not willing to bid or make offers on them though. I plan to buy from a seller who really wants to name their price…and sell. In other words, I like to cut to the chase. If there is a bidding war, someone else can have it, because another one will pop up.

Just an update. I got the Dazzler in the mail. No fancy packaging, the standard YYR box and string. For starters, I almost passed on this one due to the fact that it’s 63g, and I was not sure if YYE would be getting them. With a $650 price tag…I only spend that kind of money here. So, the update is that YoyoExpert offered to special order this model, and then I was on board to add it to my small, but growing, titanium collection.

I haven’t had much of a chance to throw this around, due to holiday plans. But, my first impression is that it is fantastic, and incredibly smooth too. It is light for my taste. I knew with that 63g, that I would prefer a little more yo-yo. I was right. It does play fantastic though, and I’ll comment more when the holiday plans die down some. As you know, I’m more of a collector when it comes to these, so how it plays, being light, is not as relevant for me as it might be for others. Due to it being light, it will definitely not be one of my “doubles.” :wink:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3832/11601101143_b02a8df6f3_z.jpg
Dazzler by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2817/11601213154_673e802632_z.jpg
Dazzlerb by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3814/11600636705_49a98af193.jpg
Dazzler by TotalArtist Yoyos, on Flickr

If anyone followed my buying spree of trying to obtain the whole Ti collection and would like to buy any of them just send me a pm or ask me to make thread in BST.

After having a bad deal with Kyo on acquiring his three produced I’m leaving the collecting aspect of yoyos behind. I’ve never been through an ordeal with a manufacturer in any of my other hobbies: fishing, rods, reels, lures. Audio video, speakers, drivers, components, projectors etc… Radio controlled vehicles- air and land Planes, copters, buggies, cars, trucks, truggies, boats etc… Card collecting rookies, signed rookies etc… My most traded/purchasing hobby- memmoribilia. Everything from rookie auto pictures to game used balls and jerseys…to movie autographed items and movie star autographed items.

All of the above have both young and old members but have never had a single bad transaction. I’ve heard stories about the bad sides of yoyo manufacturers and dealing with retailers before but honestly shook his horror stories off and thought maybe he was the one to blame for being a bad business man/retired manufacturer.

It’s just took all my excitement of what I had presumed as a great community (from manufacturers all the way to us enthusiast) out of it for me. I truly don’t have time to worry about purchases over great value not coming full circle like with all my other hobbies of many years.

I’m going to keep a couple of my favorite throws and watch for YYE new releases of advancements in technology but won’t be “collecting” any longer. Learning from vid tuts will always bring excitement/frustration/and the need for help from the great helpers around here But searching for rare throws and trying to track them down will just not be fun for me anymore. So my collection is not of any use for me any longer.

^ To heck with that. I think you get some real joy out of collecting, just like I do. Don’t let one bad experience slow you down. I know it’s your choice in the end, but I think the frustration will wear off over time, and you’ll be back to your old self again. The vast majority of people doing business in yo-yo will meet or exceed your expectations.

People may tend to think I’m just a loyal YoyoExpert customer for absolutely no reason. But, when it comes to spending money and collecting, I know I have a retail establishment I can count on to give me great service all the time. I very rarely deal with yo-yo manufacturers directly, and I have only done it once ever recently, looking for something no longer in production.

We all have that frustration set it though. For me, personally, it has come from the BST more than any other source. Now that I have almost every past release I ever wanted, I don’t have to rely on the BST nearly as much. Aside from people making me an offer direct via PMs, I will rarely make a yo-yo purchase off the BST. I’ll buy string, accessories maybe, but I’m not feeling the BST game these days. So, we all go through it in one way or another. It’s part of collecting, and you will set the guidelines of how far you’re willing to go to collect. That will limit the frustration.

We all have our flaws though, and that is why I always thought that the “goody goody” image of this community has been exaggerated. We are like everyone else in society, the same behavior, the same mistakes, the same good and bad as everyone else in the world. Just remember that when making a deal…business is business. Hold them to that standard.

I’m going to let you sleep on it, but if you really want to sell, we’ll talk. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks TA. I just deal with many many more people throughout many hobbies more so than 90% of most collectors.

I’m truly a collector of many hobbies/things and the searching, negotiating of something one wants so bad is the most enjoyable part of it in many cases, like with the rare items especially or the numbered items, and even sometimes the items that are plentiful but yet heavenly coveted.

In the card collecting business there are many many items out there that can be had but finding the exact one : eg Michael Jordan fleer rookie. I can get one any time of day from $300 to $10,000. Finding the one that is graded 9.5,9,9.5,9 which is mint condition at its finest. I can find it rarely but rarely can I find it for the “correct” market price. All the talk of it could be regraded to 9.5 overall so I’m selling it for $2000 more than the last 9mint sold for. You search for these type of specific cards until you find one correctly priced and literally jump on PayPal to buy it. I’ve been through 1000’s of situations like that and never once been in a bad deal. You finally find what you’ve been searching for and 100% of the time the deal goes as smooth from both parties (not including postage as every blue moon they screw up).

Rods, reels, lures are a bit different. They are generally sold at a going price without condition even being part of the equation. When one searches and searches finally finding one they pay what its going price is and have never had a bad deal. These forums are generally filled with adults only but no manufacturers. Sometimes a retailer will have an item on a shelf but also never had a bad deal.

Radio controlled vehicles has about the same adult:minor population as YYE but they all pretty much see each other during events, at hobby shops, or at meets so don’t even have a unconscious thought about bad dealings unless are ready to not show face ever again.

Autographed sports and other memorabilia has its faults but if deal with any manufacturer or company there is like 0% chance of getting ripped. Too much money exchanging hands daily for a negative transaction. They too are a tight group which see each other quite often.

Electronics. Well most high end electronics are sold by people that would rather give something away for free than having to worry about defending them self about a bad deal. They would lose money by a bad deal that eventually got worked out because they would no longer be in the loop. It’s a small group when talking high end audio/video.

The search is great/thrill seeking to an extent in all hobbies but when that thrill turns bad then getting over it isn’t like forgiving a friend. It’s totally different. Trusting manufacturers should never be a worry especially when dealing with children. That’s yye’s main age group. If children or children’s parents can’t trust retailer/wholesaler/manufacturer then parents will put a stop to that immediately.

I truly enjoyed tracking down/searching for rare throws just as much as that rare reel but once I had issues I realized the people in the yoyo industry tend to be exponentially worse than my other hobbies. Just not worth my headache when those I trust in providing products live too far away for a rude visit from myself And that’s a shame. I do enjoy collecting yoyos but as much time as I put into it its still the smallest amount of money/time spent compared to the other hobbies. Then after reading a retired manufacturer story of all the behind the scenes stuff in the yoyo industry I could clearly understand how many of the people conduct their business behind the childrens’ eyes for their own gain. Just seems like a lot more twisted industry than most would think for a toy industry.

I’m not worried about buying/trading on BST as there are risks with that no matter what the object is but its what all is going on higher up that trickles down that finally pushed me away.

I like yoyoing as it stimulates my brain when learning tricks but I can continue to yoyo, watch tuts, travel the forums all without being a “true” collector. My collections are over the top so I feel like dealing with the higher ups in this industry is risky;therefore, I really don’t see how I could acquire the throws I’d collect without dealing with said people.

There was a very small # of Northern Spin Co. titaniums that were given out in 2011.
It was an undersized version of the Aurora, I believe with a C-bearing.

Don’t know if this qualifies. I think it was nameless at the time but it had a nickname “Pluto.”
Befitting, because it kind of disappeared.

Hmmm…never heard of the Pluto. You’re right, the name seems to fit. By the way, to anyone wondering how many Dazzlers were made, help me put the pieces together. I have from a very reliable source that 45 Dazzlers were made in the second run. Anyone have an idea how many were in the first run?

@Midlifeyoyoman. I have only been around for a few years, but there is one thing I’ve learned. In the yo-yo community, relationships are formed, and many of them go way back to a point before many of us have been around to make any note of it.

You will see anyone from moderators, manufacturers, anyone at all, get to a point when they believe (and many others believe) that they are beyond reproach. I’ve seen people get scammed over and over again, and no one says anything publicly, no negative feedback, so the behavior persists. Not only does it persist, but it is enabled. Then, finally when they choose a so-called important person to scam, the whistle finally gets blown.

There are very few really important people in yo-yo in my eyes, and then there are people who are self-proclaimed to be important and their own cheerleader at it. There is a big difference. But, even self proclaimed important people can have some influence. So, here’s the formula to remember in yo-yo:

1. So called important person scams average yo-yo buyer = no big deal. You will be told to make a thread in the traders feedback section that no one reads, leave a negative so they can leave you a retaliatory feedback (ruins your feedback too), and then if anyone takes any real interest in your case…the thread will get locked.

2. Average yo-yo buyer scams so called important person = never going to happen. You will probably get banned for that one, so you better not even do that. The so called important person has friends in high places and you will get in trouble if you scam them. The so called important people will always act like you getting scammed is no big deal, they have confidence it won’t happen to them.

3. So called important person scams another so called important person = Uh oh, now the whistle is blown. The only time I’ve seen someone really get called to task on these things, to a point that leads to their demise…is in a #3 type scenario. I’ve seen #1 happen many, many times, but it gets overlooked until #3 takes place. Then, it’s time for some action. When you see a #3, the scammer practically disappears from the community. :smiley:

I don’t agree with some of the things I see either. None of us is perfect, but we should have better ways of dealing with these issues when they arise. I don’t think it should be a power play. I respect why you might be giving up the collection aspect of it. Notice I said…might. :wink: I honestly don’t think you should though.

That is very interesting especially when you consider that the Aurora is already a rather undersized throw. I believe it measures out at 52.5mm in Diameter in the release version, so this must have been a quite small throw.

Would love to see one though. I’ve always loved Nothern Spin YoYo’s.

I was told 10 and 20 first run Dazzlers so who knows. Wonder if there is a difference in 1st and 2nd.

I’m thinking hard TA but goal was to get every Ti with more than a few produced. Had chance spent money and still didnt get rarest of manufacturer I was attempting to get.

@Midlifeyoyoman, It would sound as if you have hit maximum frustration which has sucked the fun out of collecting for you. That happens to us who collect at the level we do. I just don’t want you to let the Lowest Common Denominator be the reason for departing a hobby that you clearly seem to have excelled in. I spent 22 years as a Special Agent with the FBI, and walked away pretty cynical about society in general, having seen some of the absolute worst behavior people can exhibit, but there is far to much redeeming value in this community than you might think.

I’ve had periods of time where I felt exactly as you are probably feeling, and I just backed off for a while and let the reason I got into collecting become clear to me once again. It generally happens when I stumble across a YoYo that I just have to add to my collection. If you sell all your collection, or even part of it, I honestly think you’ll regret it until you allow yourself some time to just work on your tricks, and relax about collecting for a while. What your feeling is pretty normal for the type of collecting you are conducting. YoYo collecting is not like the other hobbies you mentioned, it draws a lot more eccentric people than other hobbies, and that’s both its strength, and its frustration.

I hope you think about this for at least a couple of months before you start selling everything off. You have nothing to lose by waiting, the value of your YoYo’s will not diminish at all, in fact it might increase just a bit. I’m also sure you can find good homes for the bulk of your collection if it comes that time.

It’s a better community with people like you in it, and I for one hope you decide to stay.

[quote=""]
Wait, what? You sir, are awesome. Bet you could kill a man with an Anglam at 20 paces.

No midlife! Don’t leave! I live my yoyo buying life through people like you. I love knowing that when a fancy new japanese throw comes out, that there will be people like you, oops and stickman who will just buy it right away. It’s like, I don’t get to buy one, but the fact that all you guys do it so nonchalantly I think is awesome. You guys have collections that the most of us could only aspire to.

I agree. Sit on them for a couple of months. Take some time away form collecting, and just play with your favorites. See how you feel about it in a few months. It doesn’t seem like you are desperate for the cash, so why not wait?

10 and 20 for first run? I definitely got an extremely credible 45 count for the second run, so it’s safe to say there are 60 or less Dazzlers in the wild. :-\ YoyoExpert contacted YYR to get that 45 count on the second run, but there was no answer to questions asked about the first run. We were lucky to learn about the second run count at all. I knew he would at least get some answer to the questions, even if just a partial answer. I don’t think anyone else around here would have gotten an answer at all. :smiley:

@Midlifeyoyoman… Some of these “manufacturers” like the title under my name for making yo-yo holders, are just your average Joe working person like myself. Making product is a hobby, some extra money, but I would never quit my day job where I’m making 30 times more and getting benefits every year. So, remember that when making a deal with some of these people, as they just might be broke. Especially if they haven’t made anything in awhile. You see what happened to SPYY, and other companies are now claiming financial difficulties. A lot of companies are just a one-man part time operation. If you made a deal around Christmas time and offered up a lot of money, even if someone cannot deliver, it might seem too tempting to turn it down. Remember that 99% of the people you deal with are just not all that important…just the average Joe in this hobby like you and me. If they make yo-yos, they are an average Joe who also makes yo-yos. :smiley: Protect yourself at all times, and it will be a safe and rewarding hobby. Some of us were raised to be nice and patient and give the benefit of the doubt. I think all that works better in life than in business. In transactions, hold people to their promises, because the vast majority are not your friends anyway, so you owe them nothing more.

I love having other collectors around, so I agree with the others. I decided to give up actually seeking out those past produced obscure titaniums, because there are so few out there. If I found them, or saw them listed, I’d buy them of course, but I wasn’t going to actively look. I was content with getting those that are made available from this point on, not so much focusing on the past models. When I thought of it that way, it released the pressure of me looking. It just seems impossible to get all the titaniums anyway, even with the best effort. One of them on the list seems to be a one-off. :-\

Looks as though there will be a second run of Hyperions.
They are anodizing these as well.

Anybody up for a new, or second Hyperion ?
Certainly hope YYE plans to sell these.

^ I’m ready for a double! In blue! I’m not so sure about the placement of the color…that will take some getting used to. :-\ I figured they wouldn’t just make 20.

I’m trying really hard to warm up to their use of color…
The colors they chose are great, but the Hyperion is such an elegant YoYo, that using color almost doesn’t work with it.

Then again, I’m probably wrong.

Well, I thought about this some more, and now I’m on the fence. I’m not convinced this version is better, and the more I look at it, the more I think it may have made it worse. It wasn’t like when they did 9.06 and then the better tattoo version dropped. I’m not so sure this has enhanced the look. :-\ I’ll wait and see if it grows on me some more.

If they made the Hyperion, all annoed EXCEPT that one part that they did. And then put a tattoo. On the raw part. I’d want it BAD sadly not the case

^ Yeah, I’m leaning more toward a “no,” on this one. Better off reversing the ano’ed locations, or leaving it raw. I already have the all raw, so that might do just fine. I’m looking at the purple one, especially in the bottom photo, where the hub area was not masked off entirely or something. It just does not appear to be as nice as the all raw version. I have changed my mind before, so we’ll see if more photos surface. :-\