Top throwers, where are you?

I’m hiding until I can get drum beat down.

I have tried I have one I just can’t get the throw down.

Throw is the hardest part of learning it. It just takes practice.

Post a video of your throw and I guarantee we can help. Unless you are unteachable like Blake Freeman.

we all have our own El Guapo. I actually have two or three.

I’m still trying to be a top thrower. It’s hard!!

I just started.

Well . . . :wink:

This year at worlds in Orlando we will have some extraordinary freestyles from the US (Tyler Young), Mexico and Colombia. Look forward to watching the videos if you cannot come.

Spintops will get popular in the US eventually . . . just be patient and be prepared :wink:

You’re planning something, aren’t you…

ha! Trompo players now are all around the world, and every day its number increases a lot!

1 Like

I spin tops
:smiley:

Oh man, I just got a new STB 2.0 and I’m on that new-toy-high that makes me learn like crazy. I’m back in the game yo.

I do! :slight_smile:

Those STBs are ridiculously awesome. Nice score, Pat!

Yeah, I’m really really liking it so far. I’ve just been getting the feel for it with the bearing, and will probably make it a fixed tip when I go back home for the weekend.

I’m here. Never have thrown a STB, but I do love my guilia. I like the new chico 2.0 top, but I would like the tip modded.

I just got my Giulia yesterday. I need to get used to throwing it. It’s incredible.

The STB2.0 has been a fixed tip since Friday, and I’m really impressed by how sturdily it jogs. My Trompo Grande must have just been giving me a bad impression of how effective fixed tips can be; I seriously hate the stock tip shape with the flat chin.

That flat chin is useful for wirewalkers, but I find it hard to use for regens. You can order up a diabolo tip for a couple bucks to replace that with - I heard that Andre has them, you just have to call YYE because they aren’t listed on the site.

I’m new to spin tops what one should I get first??