Poll on fail rate of strings.

i’ve never broke a string being cotton or poly. been throwing for a year and a half gone through around 100+ strings and nothing.

I broke 2 within 30 min once. However, they were stock Duncan butterflys with stock string. Other than that I have never broken any others.

I have never used anything but yye string, and a few hundred kittys. I have purchased around 900 yye strings from my order history, and never had a break. Only problem was some orange ones once were all frayed and sticky so I just threw em out.

The only time a string has vroken on me was with my Duncan Echo. And that was 2 year ago and it had a old string in it, so yeah change your string often kids

I’ve had I think two YYE poly strings break on me after only about 5 or 6 throws each. One on my brand new Catalyst, and one and my brand new Avant Garde. Those were the only times YYE poly broke on me, and the only times strings for those yoyos broke. I think it was just still rough on the inside from me not playing with it much, but I’m not sure.

They both came out of it without a scratch though, so it was all good. ;D

I only use regular poly and it’s only broken on loopers and a wooden fixed axle I have. Mighty flea string has also snapped for me about 50% but if I played with them longer they’d all snap, they’re really thin and short.

When I was a newbie my YYE poly snapped on me once, though that was probably more my fault for not replacing it soon enough. Now, though, I mainly use Toxic or YYSL, but regular poly works fine for me, just doesn’t last as long

The past four strings on my bounty hunter I’ve changed when they’ve broken. Only one broke at the bearing.

Two broke here of all places:

I have had a couple bulk poly strings break on me but it was mainly because they were way overused. Also they broke normally at the slip knot. I once had a yoyo fly like ten feet across my classroom because of this. Almost hit a kid in the head.

Cotton never fails

The only thing you would use cotton for is for fixed axle, and the fixed axle burns through it. Cotton strings are the only strings I have ever broken.

I have a blasted black Exit 8 that broke a new black Kitty string. Mgiroux77 told me to take a piece of leather and rub at the catch zone. That piece of leather looked like patent leather when I was done. The yo-yo made the leather super shiny. The yo-yo looked the same, but never broke another string. Mgiroux77 is on the ball with his yo-yo game. Keep up the good work.

Otherwise, I’ve never broken a string. I try to change them when I should to avoid issues. Black string turns a bit dull, greyish, and a bit fuzzy with use, so it’s easy to tell when I need a change. I have some YYF bulk string, and slick 6, but never had any issues with them. I don’t sweat it though, it’s all string and susceptible to breaking anyway.

My DRAGON from Toxic Strings broke on me once…after 5 months of play.

1 Like

DANG

I had my chief bust through two YYE strings same day… Put Ammo on it hasn’t happened since. I will try the leather fix if it happens again!

The only time I’ve had 100% Poly string of any brand break was when my yoyo had a scratch and cut it, and when I did an eli hop under the ceiling fan.

nope never broke any… i use kitty and change it when it looks super frayed and looses its broken in feel. like the feel right after you put it on and throw for about 5 minutes…
my one friend who throws every now and then breaks them like crazy. i think its cause he gets the tension all messed up on them (newbie thower) or because he has super sweaty/dirty hands. (YUCK!)

Same thing happened with my Super G, but I used a sock to rub down the yoyo.

If you guys want to rub a blasted yo-yo with a piece of leather, I always have scrap leather lying around and will send you a piece…no charge. It worked for me. Just PM me if you’re interested. It beats using a nice belt or something.