Fix The Learn!

@yooldman I see “site improvements” section as a forum section, and like all forum sections, they are topics available for discussion (unless locked or BST). This one in particular, has not been a bad discussion in my eyes, and I think either side can stop discussing it at any time. You first? :smiley: So, it is not about “defense,” merely addressing the various points being made. I don’t think anyone is really on the defense here. They are all really just opinions at the end of the day. You say yes, I say no, and then we raise more issues about why you say yes and I say no, and so the discussion goes. But, I have to admit that I’m surprised you would be reluctant to post here. The same is done to me when I post here, and I usually reply or abandon it if the discussion about it hits a dead end. Despite what either of us say, the end result of applying the idea is out of our control.

GregP clarified your point about the bind. I see your point. Some people want to emulate Andre as close as possible, and while he teaches other binds, not that one. But, that leads to further discussion. Would new videos be better because he would potentially bind differently after each trick? If so, I would still not recommend doing all the tricks over, because it is not the trick, it’s simply the bind at the end…which is not the focus of the trick video anyway. Plus, he teaches other binds, so it does not hold anyone back from learning tricks. If one new video would teach the rolling bind, no point in making that either, because it can be found elsewhere on Youtube, and as someone stated “nobody” uses it and no one likes it anyway. So, the fact that “nobody” uses the bind, means to me that the bind is irrelevant to the learn videos altogether, new ones included. In short, the bind issue in the videos, in my opinion, is not worthy of the time it takes to do new video.

The bind does look sick by the way…can’t blame them for asking.